mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Rhodes sound in MO8"

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 09:01 AM
alexhortdog95
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-20-2007

Trying to find a more traditional Rhodes sound with my MO8.  The closest I can come is the Vintage 74 - which sort of sounds like a Rhodes knock off.

Is there a way to alter the sound of the 74 (or another sound) to get it sounding more like a traditional Rhodes sound?

Forgive me if this has already been asked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 05:32 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: Rhodes sound in MO8

Welcome to the world of programming. Yes, you can edit any preset sound to taste and then store it to a user voice. As to what a “traditional” Rhodes sound is, that’s subjective - there are as many different Rhodes sounds as there are records that featured the Rhodes - I don’t believe there’s anything that would actually be a “traditional” Rhodes.

If you have a particular song in mind, an mp3 example would be helpful.

You can get a great deal more information about editing sounds from the “Sound Advice” DVD available in the motif mart on this website - it’s in the “Videos and DVD’s” section of the mart.

If you’re looking for more Rhodes variations - “Vintage Keys” library, available in the “Voice Libraries” section of the motif mart, could have
some sounds you’re looking for. Check out the demos for the library.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Organ voices > Leslie effect > controller settings
Next Topic:

AXXE voices and Studio drums ››