mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New user to Rack XS with questions"

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 05:30 PM
kkrieg
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-31-2008

I just purchased a rack XS and slowing learning how to program the device to use within a live gig.  I finally got the firmware version upgraded after trying many different ways.  I was disappointed in the lack of info on how to upgrade the firmware from Yamaha.

I’ve got a few questions that I’ve searched over user manuals and forums, with no answers.

1) Are the 3 voice user banks, 1 drum user bank and 1 multi bank the only banks I can use within the XS?  I would like to program my own user voices or multis in, but from what I’m seeing, I have to delete one of the preset voices/multis from the unit, or edit to my liking and rename?  I would like to create a new USER4 bank to place just my modified voices or multis in.

2) If I play around with my XS and erase some voices, or multis, can I always get them back?  Would I need to reload the firmware or can I back them up to my PC via Studio Manager and then reload them?

3) I got a VST 3rd party Mega Pack from Sweetwater and the small amount of instructions I got was there are 128 sounds to be loaded into user 2 bank.  How do I load this into the XS and what about the sounds already in the user 2 bank? 

That’s it for now, probably more questions later.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 02:54 PM
Jaytim3
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-19-2008

Re: New user to Rack XS with questions

1) I havent done this yet cause i am haveing problems with the Knobs but u can configure a sound with the knobs and save it in favorites, and then u can find it in the multi.
It hink u have to use the sounds in teh User banks.

2) U can always restore it back to how it was when u bought it but formating it i think..

3) U cannot load anything in to the motif XS rack…
Would be good if we could though:P

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 04:21 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: New user to Rack XS with questions

A different set of answers…

1) Are the 3 voice user banks, 1 drum user bank and 1 multi bank the only banks I can use within the XS?

They are the only banks you can edit. You can use them all/forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=

I would like to program my own user voices or multis in, but from what I’m seeing, I have to delete one of the preset voices/multis from the unit, or edit to my liking and rename?

Correct. You over-write what is there.

I would like to create a new USER4 bank to place just my modified voices or multis in.

You cannot. The voices in the 3 USER banks are duplicates of those found in the 8 preset banks. Feel free to over-write - that’s what they are for.

There are 128 multi slots - that’s it. There are hard coded in the software editor, so any edits you make must be stored o the Rack XS itself. You can always restore from the computer editor.

2) If I play around with my XS and erase some voices, or multis, can I always get them back? Would I need to reload the firmware or can I back them up to my PC via Studio Manager and then reload them?

You can reload them from the Rack XS software editor. You can also save unique versions of your own and load those..

3) I got a VST 3rd party Mega Pack from Sweetwater and the small amount of instructions I got was there are 128 sounds to be loaded into user 2 bank. How do I load this into the XS and what about the sounds already in the user 2 bank?

Don’t know anything about a software pack from Sweetwater, but the editor file can be imported into the Yamaha software editor.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Newbeginner...
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››