mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Vocals from ES AD Input to Cubase 4.5.2"

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 11:54 AM
larsrock
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-04-2009

Can someone help me with the settings in both the ES and Cubase to record audio from the AD input on the back of the ES into CUBASE 4.5.2?

I have a midi song in cubase that I am playing back thru the ES7. I would now like to add a vocal track to the cubase mix. 

I’m using MLAN to connect and the ES is the only AD converter in my set up to get MIC and LINE Audio to my computer. I have one stereo bus in the VST connections assigned to MLAN15 and MLAN16 INPUT and MLAN1 and 2 output. All is working fine but since the vocal is being recorded from the ES and the CUBASE song is being played through the ES, the vocals are being combined with the song audio coming off of the LR out on MLAN 15/16. I can’t figure out how to send the AD as a separate part to cubase or how to not send the song play back to the CUBASE audio track?

Regards
Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 04:48 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Recording Vocals from ES AD Input to Cubase 4.5.2

In the Motif ES:
Go to [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
Press [SF1] INPUT
Set the MIC/LINE parameter = MIC

Go to your SONG
Press [MIXING]
Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON] a/k/a the DrumKits/Favorites button
Press [F5] AUDIO IN
Here in the upper left corner you should see AD
(if not, then SF5 will toggle you between the five audio Input screens: AD, mLAN1, mLAN2, mLAN3, mLAN4)

With AD in the upper left corner you are viewing the parameter for your microphone input.
Press [SF1] OUTPUT
Here you can select the MONO/STEREO parameter to match the jack you plugged your microphone into. For example if you plugged into the Left jack (the one closest to the Gain knob on the back panel) set the MONO/STEREO = Lmono

Set the OUTPUT SELECT = as1 (assignable 1) this is an individual output that will be routed to Cubase.

In Cubase:
Setup a VST CONNECTIONS INPUT to receive this signal
Go to DEVICES > VST CONNECTIONS > INPUT
Click ADD BUS
Create a mono input
Assign it to AUDIO DEVICE = ASIO mLAN
DEVICE PORT = mLAN 01

On the main Track view in Cubase
ADD an AUDIO TRACK: You can do so by right clicking or going to PROJECT > ADD TRACK > AUDIO
Create a mono track to receive audio from the VST CONNECTION INPUT you just created.

Back in the Motif ES. Since you are now using individual mLAN audio bus outputs, in order to monitor your microphone with zero latency you will want to set the mLAN MONITOR SWITCH = ON
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F2] I/O
Press [SF2] OUTPUT
Set the mLAN MONITOR SWITCH = ON

Rock !!!

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 06:55 PM
larsrock
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-04-2009

Re: Recording Vocals from ES AD Input to Cubase 4.5.2

Works like a champ. I think I was just getting brain dead. The learning curve here is quite steep. By the way, I’ve read several of your posts. You’re quite an asset to all of us out here but even much more to Yamaha and Steinberg. Thanks for the ANSWER, for what you do and best wishes for a terrific 2009.

Larry

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Playing GM MIDI songs using Cubase LE & Motif
Next Topic:

SteinbergUsers ››