mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Problem loading voice library"

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 12:34 PM
phydeaux
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-01-2006

I just got the Vintage Keys voice library and followed the instructions for loading onto my ES6 via USB. The problem is that in doing so it deleted all of my saved performances. Everything reverted back to “--: Init Perf”.
Is there a way around this. I really need a more efficient way of loading and organizing voice libraries without interferring with previously saved work. Any ideas?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 01:42 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Re: Problem loading voice library

I “HOPE” you had your Performances Saved in an ALL File to the card. If not, say “Bye-bye”!!! If you did, take a deep breath and say “WHEW”!!!!

The way “I” have done this in the past (and it’s been a while), I made use of the Voice Editor Program in assembling the Voices I wanted from the Vintage Keys.

When you load up from All Voice, if I remember, you “will” lose some of the Voices you have assigned to Performances. The ES only “knows” the location of Voices in a Performance. When you load your Vintage Keys, some of those locations will have different Voices,thus altering your Performance as you “created” it.

When you say you, “followed the instructions for loading onto my ES6 via USB”,did you mean from a Flash Drive? Your computer? Did you load as an ALL File or All Voice? I’m not understanding why it “killed” all of your Performances.

Give a little more detail on your method. We can get you on the right path. Meanwhile, get your Voice Editor ready.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 02:02 PM
phydeaux
Joined  06-01-2006

I loaded from a flash drive. Fortunately I had saved all of my performances so I dodged the bullet there. I’d like to store multiple voices/performances from different voice libraries without overwriting previous saves, but it seems that a lot of these files occupy the same space in the Motif’s memory. Where can I find the Voice Editor?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 02:04 PM
phydeaux
Joined  06-01-2006

Forgot to add that I loaded the ALL file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 04:01 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

DOWNLOAD VOICE EDITOR ETC.
This is from Yamahasynth.com, a link that you should stick in your Favorites in your computer. Comes in handy.

Download Voice Editor and MultiPart Editor and install into your computer. I don’t remember if there is a pdf of the manual. There should be instructions for installation.

Then you should go to this section of the site... BEHIND THE MANUAL and check out the Manuals for the Voice Editor and the MultiPart Editor.

I’d tell you more but I got to get ready for the gig. This should hold you for now. Post back if you have any more questions. someone will be around to chime in with help (seems there always is /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt=).
Good Luck....Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 04:20 PM
phydeaux
Joined  06-01-2006

Found it thanks. That should get me headed in the right direction.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 10:52 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

When you go to load your Vintage Keys, use the All Voice file. I “think” they will load the voices into User Bank 2. From there you can audition the voices,make the notes of the ones you want, via USB, transport them to your computer and work with them in Voice Editor to creat the User Bank you want in the system.
Hope this helps. Post back if you have more questions or need instruction.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 02:42 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

I suggest John Melas’ software [url=http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php]http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/index.php. [/url]
For instance, Performance editor is not just a convinient way to easily create very good performances, but also as backup and organizing system. You could save your performances on your hard disk as individual files and later you could load only those you need. And, with Total librarian you could organize and make reorders with just drag-n-drop of your mouse. I’m not want to be John’s advertizer, but I’m very satisfied with his software. Finaly, I had the same situation when loaded some voice libraries, but fortunatelly I previosly did backup of all performances and masters via Melas’ software.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 10:10 AM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

“I suggest John Melas’ software”
I also have John Melas’ Total Library. I learned early on that you can’t Save too much data (well...."I" can’t). It has come in very handy with Performances and Drums in particular for “me”. If you can afford the expense, it’s not a bad idea.

This doesn’t dismiss Voice Editor or Multi-Part Editor. It is a “suppliment” to VE and MPE.

An ALL File is the safest and probably the best way to Save your work in the various modes. I do suggest you try and get a handle on the Loading of Voice, Performance, Pattern, etc from your Flash Drive. You will be able to be more specific as to what and where you want things to go from the Flash Drive and not disrupt other parts of your files. As the case with Vintage Keys, loading just the Voices will give you a chance to audition them and experiment with how they may work with Performances.

How you choose to deal with this is of course up to you, the good news is there “is” the Voice Editor and Multi-Part Editor as a starting point.
Good luck....Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Recording Vocal into ES8
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››