mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "por paulistanas"

Posted on: January 02, 2009 @ 06:37 PM
gabriel m
Total Posts:  128
Joined  01-28-2007

Hi Guys,

Attached is a very simple song that basically consists of one 8 measure pattern that I copied into three sections (B, C, D)muting some of the instruments in one and playing in other.

This is the first time I’m actually trying to make a simple song properly (up till now it’s been a live recording in one looong pattern only, with loads of mistakes as I’m not sure of how to use punch-in punch-out yet...) and since I couldn’t find answers to all my questions in the owner’s manual, I wonder if you can help me especially with the following:

Each of the sections consists of 8 measures. The thing is that when I chain all the three sections, you can hear something like a half second delay when one section ends and another starts, which naturally breaks the rhythm and disintegrates the whole structure of the song. Is there something I’m doing wrong? I didn’t mess around with the tempo or anything…

And there’s one more thing: I used a bit of step recording (when recording the percussions). When I delete a note while doing the step recording - which leaves the little diamond empty - and then re-record it so that I populate the same diamond with a different note, that new note sounds much louder even if I press the key very lightly. Why is this happening?

I’d appreciate any help on these.

Thanks as always for any comments....

Gabriel

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 03:18 AM
The Funk Master
Total Posts:  3686
Joined  11-26-2007

Re: por paulistanas

Sir, I don’t know about what you are trying to do on the ES, even though I have an ES myself, I have NOT played it in almost a year.

You do have a timing issue when switching from section to the next, maybe quantize in realtime, would help this.
AS FOR THE SONG ITSELF,, I like it, for it’s steady groove, and precussions,,,nicely done.
Instrument choices fit the bill well here.

Thanks for sharing your work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 03:44 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Your song is great with all the problems you have. Try to quantize, as Jerry said. Do you use an arppegio that doesn´t play correct? The problem with the step recording, I can´t help, try to solve it in one of the special forums. I would ask in the german forum. If you don´t solve it, send me a pm, I ask for you and translate.

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 05:51 AM
dafingaz
Total Posts:  3350
Joined  07-13-2004

I love that guitar sound. What was that? Thanks for sharing…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 07:28 PM
Bboy On N On
Total Posts:  288
Joined  02-05-2008

about the delay in to the next measure when your doing a chain, i think it might be something to do with your quantize set up . it should be 1 instead of 1/16 . when it’s set to 1 it’ll wait the full bar before it goes to the next Letter if it’s on anything other then 1 it’ll switch to the next letter A to B faster and make it seem like a delay or rush the pattern. i might be wrong. i know that’s what was wrong with my xs when i first had it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ mc frank cretu style
Next Topic:

Airwolf 2nd/3rd season closing theme ››