mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Issue with Type 0 MIDI file & Motif"

Posted on: January 02, 2009 @ 09:34 AM
Enigmatic
Total Posts:  470
Joined  01-24-2007

Hello,

Can someone explain, why some the notes are missing when i open the (MIDI) file in my Motif.  (Please download the attachment)

I have edited this file in Cubase LE and exported this as type 0 MIDI file (I’ve also inserted a GM reset on track 1).  The file plays fine in Cubase LE and any other MIDI player, but when open this song in my MOTIF, it plays fine at the beginning, but all the note events on Track 10 (GM drums) are missing from measure 049:4:440 till 060:2:000.

I’m baffled.  I have made sure no PC or SySex messages are in this track.

Can someone please take a look at this MIDI file.  (THis is a backing track for “Pirates of the Caribbean” theme)

I would appreciate any help. 

Thanks..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2009 @ 11:04 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Re: Issue with Type 0 MIDI file & Motif

ok, i dont really need my motif sequencer to play the file.  All I want to do is export the file as a wav or mp3 to jam along. 

Since, this MIDI file works perffectly in Cubase LE, I would like to generate the sound using my Motif Engine. 

How do i achieve that?  (My Motif only accepts MIDI data via channel 1 USB, but the GM durms are set on channel 10.)

Please see the screenshot?

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/sonnetgomes/Motifator/LE1-1.jpg

I can play the song using Motif Engine, but it generates gibberish /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

Please help…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2009 @ 12:37 PM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Ok, my bad.  The first file which i have attached has the same problem with any midi player.  Some of the notes seem to me muted from measure 049:4:440 to 060:2:000.

I am attaching the raw file, which does not have any GM RESET EXC message at track 1 it works perfect on any windows MIDI player and Cubase LE, but sounds gibberish on my MOTIF.

Any clue?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 02, 2009 @ 12:42 PM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Ooops. forgot to attach the file…

please download the attachment.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 05:58 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

ok.  I found out the culprit.  It may be Cubase LE.  When I export my (.cpr) Cubse Project into a MIDI file, it adds an event on Measure 0050:03:04:080 which lasts until 0061.  See the image below:

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/sonnetgomes/Motifator/LE2.jpg

Not sure why this happens. 

This is a screen shot from my actual Cubase project file:  As you can see that culprit is misssing! 

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg37/sonnetgomes/Motifator/LE3.jpg

I am attaching the .cpr file (as zip format).  If anyone has any tools to fix this, i would appreciate it a lot..

Thanks,.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2009 @ 08:31 AM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

OK.  I was able to resolve this...sort of.  I am not sure what I did, but clearing out all the PC events from all the tracks and saving it as a Motif “AllSong” format helped.

The good news is, i can work on mastering and mixing directly on my Motif, but the bad news is I can’t use my handy dandy Cubase LE DAW /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt=

I would hate to use Motif sequencer, so someone please help me setting up Cubase LE with my Motif so that i can play GM midi files via USB midi.

The MOTIF only accepts MIDI data only channel 1 USB.  So how am I supposed to play GM MIDI files which sets GM DRUMS on channel 10?

Why does everything have to be so complicated /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 05, 2009 @ 01:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

answered in your other post.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 06, 2009 @ 12:22 PM
Enigmatic
Joined  01-24-2007

Thanks Phil. I know all these GM questions are very common around here, but no matter how much i read about MIDI schmidi, i just keep myself digging deeper into the hole… /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt=

Here’s the thread if anyone want to learn more about MIDI: 

Playing GM MIDI songs using Cubase LE & Motif

/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ duduk samples?
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››