mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Chord Recognition"

Posted on: July 06, 2003 @ 04:57 AM
Clif
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-05-2003

Sorry to ask this again, but I still want to know what does the Motif ES chord recognition scheme do when you play an chord in inverted form. 

Let’s say I have a major scale arp.
Then if I play, c-eb-g, the arp will play in a Cminor scale, right?
What if I play g-c-eb?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2003 @ 07:28 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Re: Chord Recognition

The chord recognition in ES is designed for music production not playing live as for example Tyros is.
In your example of playing
g-c-eb

If there wer eno track switching involved it would play the arp in the key of G with a sus 4 and flat 6th.

The arp algorithm also has track switching so many times playing one or two notes uses original note ( with chord recognition) , but playing three or more notes either plays a different arp track or the same oen with a normal setting.  The normal setting gives you closer to what you play on the keyboard in terms of inversions because it sorts the notes from bottom to top.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 06, 2003 @ 09:45 AM
Clif
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-05-2003

Re: Chord Recognition

Thanks for the prompt reply!  I will have to try out the ES.  I do think some users will want to use the Motif ES live, so maybe Yamaha can make the chord recognition work for both music production and live playing.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Im just gona wait for the Motif ES Rack
Next Topic:

My take on the Motif ES ››