mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "es samples to motif classic"

Posted on: December 31, 2008 @ 07:35 PM
tricitycox
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-02-2003

Here’s a tough one.  For me, that is. 

I just started playing at a new church that has sequences on their ES7.  Friday, (2 days from now), I’m supposed to come down and retrieve those files from the memory stick. 

Can I put that song data onto my computer, transfer it to a smart media card, and expect it to work on my Classic?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2009 @ 05:52 AM
tuquoque
Total Posts:  563
Joined  08-15-2007

Re: es samples to motif classic

I think the sequencer data should work fine in your classic as long as you save the them in SMF format. You need to do conversion in both ends. First convert songs to SMF in ES and the convert the same SMF files to song files in Classic.

If you have samples inside the songs or patterns, there’s more you need to do. Samples can’t be included to SMF files. In that case you need to export the samples as a wave files one by one and import them one by one in the other end. Make also sure you have enough sample memory in your Classic.

It’ll take some time and effort but it should work. Hopefully there’s only few songs :-) Good luck.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 01, 2009 @ 08:06 AM
tricitycox
Total Posts:  0
Joined  08-02-2003

Re: es samples to motif classic

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will try that out tomorrow, and hopefully it will work.  Thanks again.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif ES Hanging Up With Cubase AI4
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››