mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Playing Keyboard in Stereo(URGENT QUESTION)"

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:15 PM
fleet1988
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-13-2008

[url=http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/6/8/232568.jpg]http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/5/6/8/232568.jpg [/url]

Okay guys this is the link to the type of mixer we have my keyboard going to at church.  You guys will have to look at the picture to answer my question. I have a question about this picture. I saw on some earlier threads were you guys were talking about hooking a keyboard up in stereo by first having two chords link from the keyboard outputs to two separate mixer channels and then panning hard left and hard right.

My question is that this mixer seems to have channels such as 11/12 and 13/14 that are set up JUST for Stereo connections. Channels 1-10 on this mixer each have their own panning control But these channels only have one pan control together.(See what I’m talking about) I wouldn’t have to pan these ALREADY set up stereo channels would I?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:20 PM
fleet1988
Joined  12-13-2008

Re: Playing Keyboard in Stereo(URGENT QUESTION)

In other words the mixer has two STEREO channels ALREADY. DOes this mean that I would have to pan anything?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:50 PM
tmg1968
Joined  11-20-2004

True stereo channels do not need panning because they are already balanced L/R whereas using two mono channels would require the user to pan hard left/hard right to achieve a stereo field image. If you are using a stereo channel, you are good to go in terms of panning. Hope this helps.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
fleet1988
Joined  12-13-2008

THANK YOU SO MUCH

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:54 PM
slargthorb
Total Posts:  123
Joined  07-28-2002

You can plug into either of the stereo channels with the left keyboard out going to left mixer in and right going to right. Keep pan centered and you should have stereo sound. That’s assuming your master faders are up equally and the speakers are hooked up correctly.  (TMG answered you while I was typing away at my snails pace)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2008 @ 10:55 AM
-
Total Posts:  518
Joined  06-07-2006

If you use 11/12 or 13/14, be sure to verify the position of the A/B Input select button.

Also, it will be important to set the gain level correctly so you do not clip the board.  This control is at the top of the channel strip.  Your mixer manual should explain this procedure.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Voices on Computer
Next Topic:

Sounds that were better on classic than ES ››