mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Sampling using different velocities"

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 01:56 AM
tp6821
Total Posts:  8
Joined  12-30-2008

I am trying to sample a voice that requires one wave for velocity range 0~63 and another for velocity range 64~127. My input is via A/D and Im using a classic 8.

Currently I am storing one wave on waveform 1 and the other on waveform 2. I press EDIT then F4 for each waveform and set the velocities for each. I then press F1 and go back to KEYBANK and can switch between waveforms 1 and 2 and hear that each is correctly programmed. I then press STORE to store the created voice in the user voice bank, but when I enter VOICE mode, only one waveform plays. It plays accross the correct velocity range, but the other wave form for the other velocity range appears to be muted.

How do I get both waveforms to play correctly?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 09:30 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Sampling using different velocities

Welcome to the forums…

Okay, let’s see if we can get you straightened out. There are two methods to accomplish the same goal:

You can create a single Waveform that is a velocity swap or you can create two separate Waveforms and then have a Voice control when each is sounding.

But what you have done is work in several different modes and not really connected them. In the first method, you would work in [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] mode editing the sample wave. In the second method you work in VOICE mode editing the Voice’s Elements and set the velocity range there.

Currently I am storing one wave on waveform 1 and the other on waveform 2.

Okay you have chosen the second method - where each sample is in a separate Waveform. Let’s follow that scenario.

Let’s say you have Waveform 0001 as the first and Waveform 0002 as the second.

Go to VOICE mode:
Press [VOICE]
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INIT
Press [ENTER], then [YES] to initialize a new Voice.

This will create a Voice with one Element in it (a piano)
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select [1] to view Element 1 edit parameters
Press [F1] OSC (oscillator)
Press [SF1] WAVE
Here you can change Element 1 to:
BANK = USER
WAVE NUMBER = 0001

Press [SF3] LIMIT
Set the Velocity Range = 0~63
Now Element 1 will only respond to velocities between 1 and 63.

Press Track Select [2] to view Element 2 parameters
Press [F1] OSC
Press [SF1] WAVE
Set the ELEMENT SWITCH = ON (activates this element)
BANK = USER
WAVE NUMBER = 0002

Press [SF3] LIMIT
Set the Velocity Range = 64~127
Now Element 2 will only respond to velocities greater than 64.

What we have done here is include your two Waveforms - each in a separate Element of the VOICE and set a LIMIT for the Velocity response for each.

You can now continue to edit other aspects of your new Voice, and when completed.... press [STORE] and choose a USER bank location for you new Voice.

As I mentioned, had you placed both samples in the same WAVEFORM then when you select that WAVEFORM in a VOICE’s ELEMENT, it would already do the velocity swap.

Either way is okay.
In a single Waveform you can stack as many as 127 samples each with a unique velocity. (no one does this...) Mostly you stack 2 or 3 or maybe 4 different samples on the same Note, and then set the Velocity Range while in [INTEGRATED SAMPLING] > EDIT > [F4] RANGE.  But since you created two separate Waveforms already, you can do the same thing by setting the Voice Elements Velocity Range in the VOICE mode.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Sounds on Computer
Next Topic:

Why does Yamaha piss on Users??? ››