mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question…please view video!"

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 12:25 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  402
Joined  11-11-2004

Guys,

Can anyone tell me what kind of stand the Motif Rack is sitting on in this video? I love how it sits congruently with the master keyboard. Thanks!

-Terry

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7HYA58Hl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7HYA58Hl8 [/url]

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 01:42 PM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Re: Question...please view video!

Difficult to see, but it could be something like the Quiklok mixer stands such as this .

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 03:42 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

Looks like it to me, PeterG. If it isn’t, it sure looks like it would work.

Wonder if it would support a 4 space rack case?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 03:47 PM
tmg1968
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-20-2004

I bet that is it PeterG!

Thanks!

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 12:21 AM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

I would think so Earl, the Quiklok stuff is strongly built, and this stand is specified to hold a weight of 80 lbs.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 06:48 AM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

I may have to look into it. It looks like it might be not only a space saver on the stage I work on, but would put the units up a little higher for view and access.

I’ve been a QuikLoc keyboard stand user for many years,but I have to question their structure over the last 5 years or so. I have bought 3 3 tier stands in the 5 years with flaws in all but the last one. They sent me a “free” replacement that I use at home but it too is flawed.

I’ll look into this stand to see if it would work for me. It “looks” like just the ticket.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 08:25 AM
tmg1968
Joined  11-20-2004

I too may eventually purchase this stand, but it’s (gulp) $95.00...a bit pricey! But, I like how the sound module is elevated for easy access and viewing onstage.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 11:01 AM
PeterG
Joined  01-30-2004

Yes, Terry, Quiklok are not the cheapest, however, my experience is that it is excellent quality.  Earl, on that point, I have bought, in the last five years, several Quiklok units, such as a keyboard stand, a stool, speaker stands, a workstation, a rack, and even a couple of guitar stands!  I have to say that I have not had your experience because all of my Quiklok gear has been top notch quality with no problems.  I wonder if the gear is made in different places?

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 11:26 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I sometimes use a stand similar to this for my rack.

[url=http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPRS7705]http://www.zzounds.com/item--MUPRS7705 [/url]

I leave it in the 2U gig bag so the back end of the rack (the end where the cables plug in) is pointing downwards (towards the floor) is resting on the more horizontal arms, while the bottom side rests on the more vertical arms with the face of the Rack pointing up. This way, I can set the rack to my left and it points up at a nice viewing angle for easy adjustment. Something like this would work great for a 4U rack box as well.

Looking at that picture in the link, imagine sitting to the right of that stand, with the rack leaning towards you, face up. This set up is very stable and does not take up much room beside you.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 11:48 AM
tmg1968
Joined  11-20-2004

SpongeBob,

Hey, that is a great stand for racks too! And at that price, you may have sold me on it! Thanks for the post.

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 01:09 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

ON STAGE STANDS
This is a company that I have gotten some of my other stands from. My commercial dealer usually gets their stands when I’ve needed them.

As to QuikLok, the scenerio was foreign to them too. But it seemed very strange to me that I had issues with the extension tiers on 3 different stands.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2008 @ 05:22 PM
mo-z
Total Posts:  724
Joined  11-18-2005

It’s an old school Ultimate Support stand w/ Yamaha logos on it.  Back in the 80’s Ultimate Support made logo branded stands for both Yamaha and Roland.  If you can find an old Thinkertoys manual (this was the bible of Ultimate Support set-up plans) you can see how to build it.  I built something similar which I am posting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 08:22 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

I must admit to having become a little distracted by all the Bert Videos on that link - brilliant!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2009 @ 09:11 AM
tmg1968
Joined  11-20-2004

I’m with you Wellie! I think Bert is the best demonstrator around. Great player, great entertainer as well!

-Terry

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ CLASSIC CASIO VL1 EMMULATOR VSTi
Next Topic:

tuning ››