mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "new MO6 user ?"

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 10:19 PM
metalmike
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-27-2008

Hi, I have owned an MO6 for a few months now and have a question.
Did Yamaha forget to put a “NUMERIC KEY PAD” on the MO6? What a pain!!! That scroll wheel probably will ware out very soon!. Or am I missing something?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2008 @ 05:54 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Re: new MO6 user ?

There’s a pretty big keypad on the right there. Just hit the preset and bank you want then you have 16 choices.
Or if you use the category button you use the presets to choose the category and get a list on the screen.

You have other options if your using a computer.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2008 @ 07:55 AM
metalmike
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-27-2008

Yes, I know about the preset and category buttons, I’m talking about when you want to edit anything like in song mode using the sequencer. I have an older QY700 which seems to be the flag ship design for the MO sequencer but it is much more detailed and logically laid out and it does have a “numeric keypad”. For instance, say I make a simple drum beat in 4/4 timing and I want to edit in a simple 8th note on the “1&” beat. With the QY700 I just type in “240” then enter-EASY!!! With the MO, scroll, scroll, scroll, pass it up, then scroll back,-very counter productive! I was really hoping I could replace my aging 10yr old QY700 with the MO but it’s not likely that will happen. Why didn’t Yamaha at least make the category buttons numeric buttons as well??? What a Dumb mishap on Yamaha’s part! Maybe they can fix this with a software update?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 06:14 AM
Tacman7
Total Posts:  680
Joined  06-16-2006

Since I learned to use a sequencer on a computer I couldn’t make myself learn to use the mo at all. Bunch of messing around that I could do a lot faster on the computer.

Know what you mean there, I doubt any changes are planned for the mo.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Volume level on finished songs
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››