mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Does the Motif 7 Classic got a ADAT out?"

Posted on: December 26, 2008 @ 02:05 PM
Kdose
Total Posts:  21
Joined  08-27-2008

I got the AIEB2 expension board but not quite sure what Optical out means. Is that what they also call ADAT out? I check in the specs on motifator.com but i dont see the word adat anywhere. I wanna get a ADA converter so i just wanna be sure before purchasing. Thanks for answering.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2008 @ 03:23 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Does the Motif 7 Classic got a ADAT out?

The stock Motif 7 has an optical digital output. Adding the AIEB2 provides you an additional optical and an electrical digital output as well as optical and electrical digital inputs. In all cases the outputs are digital duplicates of the analog Main outputs. All of these digital I/O utilize the S/PDIF format.

There is no support for ADAT digital interfaces for the Motif Classic.

Regards,

Brad Weber http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/295252-santa_sml.gif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2008 @ 08:56 PM
Kdose
Joined  08-27-2008

So there’s no other output on the entire Motif 7 Classic(AIEB2 included) that can be plugged to an ADA converter for me to get 16 tracks/outs running at the same time?

And is it true that i cannot use the ‘’RCA’’ s/pdif out with the optical out(or vice versa) at the same time?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 08:32 AM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

You are correct that there is no way to record 16 separate outputs (either analog or digital) from the Motif Classic at one time. With the AIEB2 the maximum would be 10 channels (the Main L&R and Assignable L&R from the stock Motif and then additional assignable outputs on the AIEB2).

I don’t think there is anything that would prevent you from using the optical and RCA S/PDIF outputs simultaneously. Just remember that all of those outputs are digital duplicates of the main mix that comes out of the Main L&R analog outputs. (You are limited to using only 1 of the S/PDIF inputs at a time.)

Regards,

Brad Weber http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/295252-santa_sml.gif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 12:13 PM
Kdose
Joined  08-27-2008

One very last question Brad, Where do i go in my motif to assign my s/pdif out to a channel? I usually go to Edit/track 1/F3(outsel) when i use my analogs but i dont see any options for s/pdif. Is there somewhere i can enable the s/pdif out?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 02:02 PM
BradWeber
Joined  07-26-2002

As I’ve stated in my earlier posts, the S/PDIF outputs are always duplicates of the Main Mix. Any part that is not routed to one of the assignable outputs will by definition be present on both the Main L&R analog outputs and (all of) the S/PDIF (digital) outputs.

Regards,

Brad

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Sounds on Computer
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››