mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Sounds on Computer"

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 09:52 AM
ryguymotif
Total Posts:  0
Joined  06-28-2008

I have a Yamaha Motif Classic 8 (purchased about 5 years ago) that I am using with Pro Tools 7 on a Macbook Pro (both purchased about 6 months ago.)

Because I recently went to college, I am afraid that I am often separated from my Motif.  However, I would still like to sequence midi data and play them back with the voices on the Motif.

1. Is there any way to have my computer, which I have with me at college, trigger patches that are identical to those on the Motif without the Motif hardware?

2. Is my terminology correct?  My understanding is that I am searching for a software sampler that can play back the voices of the Motif.  It seems that my alternative to a sofwtware sampler (as a standalone program or a plug-in for pro-tools) is a sound library, which I believe is the term for a set of patches that can be played back with other sampler programs, such as Digidesign Structure or Propellerhead Reason’s NN-19 or NN-XT.  This is different from a software synthesizer, which models analog synthesizers with digital technology, and this is also different from a virtual instrument, which has high-quality patch data for only one specific type of instrument.

While I would imagine that I can use a sampler to manually play every note of every patch on the Motif to create my own samples on my computer, obviously that would be too time-consuming.  I think I am asking for a way either to transfer the sounds from the Motif to the computer or to copy them to my computer from a CD or to download them from the internet.

3. If this is possible, is it possible to do the same for performances that I have created on the Motif?  Can I copy performance data over to my computer system to be played in Pro Tools?

4. Even if there is no way to effect the parameters of the sounds in the computer (for example the effect levels, the volume of each wave form, etc.) is it possible to copy the raw sounds in.  (I think they are just wav files.)

5.  If none of this is possible, what is my best alternative?  Again, the objective is to find a cheap (or ideally free) virtual sound module--a way to play midi patches by my computer and a library of those patches--so that I can trigger sounds from my midi data that are comparable in quality to the Motif’s.  I currently have the NN-19 sampler in Propellerhead Reason and Digidesign Structure Free, which are the free versions of those samplers, and they only come with a few patches.  Are there sound libraries that I can import into those?

Thank you very much for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 01:36 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Motif Sounds on Computer

There’s no need to post the same question to multiple forums. Those of us who regularly respond to questions on this site read all of the forums. Posting on multiple forums simply leads to fragmented answers and wasted time for you and us. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif alt=

See my response to your identical post in the Sounds forum .

Regards,

Brad Weber http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/295252-santa_sml.gif

[ Ignore ]