mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Performance is supposed to layer 4 voices RIGHT?"

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 09:02 AM
fleet1988
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-13-2008

Okay guys at my church I have a yamaha S80 midi’d up to the BRAND NEw hammond b3 organ that was put out. When I do my performances the most number of voices that I can hear layered is just two. Am I missing something with my setup. I can have four voices set up and I only hear the voices that are in part01 and part02. The voices in part03 and part04 just don’t sound. What is the deal? Are the midi zones of the organ and keyboard being mixed up or what?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 11:58 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Re: Performance is supposed to layer 4 voices RIGHT?

Layered or split or any combination.
Just check some of the factory Performances.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 12:37 PM
fleet1988
Joined  12-13-2008

I guess I want to know why I am only getting 2 sounding voices in part01 and 02 and why the voices in parts 03 and 04 aren’t sounding? That is the True question.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 01:06 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

“I guess I want to know why I am only getting 2 sounding voices in part01 and 02 and why the voices in parts 03 and 04 aren’t sounding? That is the True question.”

It’s been a while since I used my S80 in that way.
I take it your Parts 1 and 2 are on the same MIDI channel. You would have to do the same with 3 and 4. They have to be on the same MIDI Channel.

I’m not clear on the B3. You “could” just direct MIDI into the B3 OUT from the S80 and use 3 Performances in the S80.

This all depends on how you are working. If you give us a better idea of what it is you are trying to achieve, I will “dust off” the manual for the S80 and see if I can help (my S80 is on the gig. A most reliable keyboard).

Need more...post back.

Also...you need not “double post”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 01:29 PM
fleet1988
Joined  12-13-2008

Okay it is like this. THIS IS THE SITUATION I went under performance edit the other day and went to the Lyr Mode and I looked at it.

YAMAHA S80:
Part 01 the layer was off and rcv channel is set to 1
Part 02 the layer was on and rcv channel is set to 2

Part 03 the layer was on and rcv channel is set to 3
Part 04 the layer is on and the rcv channel is set to 4

The voices in part 01 and part 02 are sounding and are heard.

The voices in part 03 and 04 CAN"T BE HEARD AT ALL.

Hammond B3: The hammond organ’s midi is controlled by external zones that can be cut on or off. If the external zone is cut on then the keyboard will be heard and the midi is conected. If the external zone is off then the keyboard won’t be heard.  I have the external zone working on the top keyboard of the organ.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 25, 2008 @ 03:32 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I’ve purged the S80 information from my memory banks after all these years but here is a Power User article I wrote back in 1999 - that may be of some help:
S80 Performance Layers etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ re: Bulk receive timeout error message ...
Next Topic:

Motif Voices on Computer ››