mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "voice elements"

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 11:27 AM
rs7kr
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-30-2008

I am currently using a sequencer and a PC to change the settings on my motif rack xs. I just noticed that my sequencer now (finally) has full control of the rack except for one single remaining parameter: voice elements on/off.

My question is this: are the voice element on/off functions in the xs rack controlled using MIDI language?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 02:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: voice elements

are the voice element on/off functions in the xs rack controlled using MIDI language?

There is no general (generic) message for Element ON/OFF. But what you do have in the Motif XS series is a new feature called XA CONTROL. XA CONTROL is an Element parameter that can be used to turn ON and OFF Elements or switch between particular elements within a Voice.

AF1 defaults to cc086
AF2 defaults to cc087

For example, in the solo violin Voice: PRE 4: 001 Violin Solo 1 if you program a switch to cc087 you can switch from the solo violin Elements with built-in vibrato to the solo violin Element that is without vibrato.

From the “Voice Transition tutorial”:
.........................................................................................
XA CONTROL: Expanded Articulation (XA) is a specially designed tone generation system of the MOTIF XS that provides greater performance flexibility and acoustic realism. It allows you to more effectively recreate realistic sound and natural performance techniques—such as legato and staccato – and provides other unique modes for random and alternate sound changes as you play. This includes seamless transitions between instrument sounds when applied using the advanced 8 Element Voice architecture found within the Motif XS. XA CONTROL is an Element parameter (accessible in the Motif-Rack XS Editor). It can be set to eight different settings: normal, legato, key off, wave cycle, wave random, all AF off, AF 1 on, AF 2 on.
.........................................................................................

You can download the following tutorial (originally intended for the Motif XS keyboard)… you can use the Motif-Rack XS Editor to IMPORT the VOICE banks (they are contained in a Motif XS ALL data file (*.X0A) and check out how the XA Control can be used to transition between Elements.

Motif XS tutorial on VOICE TRANSITION

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 03:11 PM
rs7kr
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-30-2008

can the rack itself save XA settings?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 04:55 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Changes made to the voices can be saved on the Rack itself if they are saved to one of the three USER banks. The factory preset voice banks cannot be over-written.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XS Rack
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››