mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Hi!"

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 05:14 AM
burjaloop
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-28-2008

I bought one used Motif 6 ES and i have problem with aftertouch.It cannot play it’s own sounds with aftertouch and sounds from other moduls too.When I play its sounds with other keyboards is ok.I think there is a problem with its keyboard.I tried several things to resolve the problem,but without success.Is there any general command to switch on aftertouch function or there is something wrong and it has to ne repaired?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 06:07 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Re: Hi!

Edit a voice to use aftertouch (organ: leslie=modulation wheel to aftertouch).
If that doesn’t work ....................................... have the box opened and repaired.

... and (almost) welcome to the forum.
;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 06:09 AM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

For advises w.r.t. your location, it would be nice if you fill out your data in ‘MyHome’.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 02:24 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I think you may need to supply a little more information. How are you set up? What “other” keyboards and or modules do you have hooked up?

Aftertouch “can” me adjusted in Edit Mode,but I don’t quite understand what’s happening without more information.
Post back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 23, 2008 @ 02:52 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Just to add to what Dukester and Joop have written, there are two things I think you should do when you buy a used ES. First you should check the OS and update to the latest. (that’s v1.08).  You can get updates here . Secondly I would do a Factory Reset so that you know it is back to original settings.  (Note : before you do a reset, do a SAVE ALL so that you can go back to the previous state if you want to do so).

After you have updated the OS and done a Factory Reset, check a simple Voice that has Aftertouch.  Take Fiddler, Pre 2:120 (H08).  This Voice has a very easily detectable vibrato on Aftertouch.

If you cannot hear a vibrato when you press the keys a lttle harder (to activate the aftertouch) then most likely you have a hardware fault.  The ribbon under the keys that detects Aftertouch has been reported as coming adrift on occasion, so perhaps that is your problem - in which case I would take it to a Yamaha authorised dealer.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2008 @ 01:28 AM
burjaloop
Total Posts:  6
Joined  10-28-2008

I want to thank to everybody who replied!
I tried everything.....Aftertouch doesnt’ work.The sounds from Motif-ES are working properly with aftertouch on classic Motif and on my master keyboard Doepfer,but not on its own keyboard.And sounds of other moduls(I have few different of them-Roland,Emu,Ensoniq)are on Motif ES without aftertouch!

It seems that it has to be repaired....,or I must open it and checking all contacts.
I thought there is a common switch for aftertouch and I missed it!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ newb question about gates and arps
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››