mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Editing user voices with samples on ES?"

Posted on: December 20, 2008 @ 03:42 PM
denistu007
Total Posts:  7
Joined  09-06-2007

Hi,
How can I edit/manage user voices on Motif ES which contain wave forms (samples)? As far as I know, the Voice Editor that came with ES is only for it’s internal sounds.

I received new user voices which contain samples but now I am having difficulties making my own user set out of it. For example I would like to create a smaller “subset” and remove all wave files that I don’t use to reduce the size of the user set.

Thank you!
Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2008 @ 03:58 PM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Editing user voices with samples on ES?

Your understanding of the voice editor is “mostly” correct, in that voice editor files for the Motif ES do not contain any user samples. Therefore, you must manually load your samples into the Motif ES - directly on the instrument. Once you created voices using those samples, you can edit them using the voice editor. (Of course, since the voice ediotr does not include user samples, once you have completed your editing, you will need to make sure to save the edit user voice library as an ALL VOICE file (or part of an ALL file).

Once you’ve finished editing your user voices, you can delete any unused waveforms by executing the “Clean Up Memory” job (accessible as [INTEGRATED SAMPLING]-->[F3] OTHER-->01: Cleanup Memory and described on page 259 of the Motif ES Owner’s Manual ).

Regards,

Brad Weber http://forums.keyfax.com/user-files/295252-santa_sml.gif

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ HD-1 drums for Motif ES
Next Topic:

re: Bulk receive timeout error message ... ››