mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Song Chain: Edit ending of songs"

Posted on: December 19, 2008 @ 04:48 PM
VilleFan1
Total Posts:  29
Joined  02-24-2005

I want to make my songs stop where they are supposed to, so that i can use the song chain and not have wait so long between songs. Obviously the song was originally recoreded longer than it now is. thus the blank music.

Can I edit out the ends of songs with no music so that the song ends where it is supposed to and then can go immediately on to the next song instead when using the Song Chain?........

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 20, 2008 @ 01:20 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Re: Song Chain: Edit ending of songs

I am assuming that what you want to do is to delete some blank measures at the end of your Songs. You can delete Measures by using Song Job Mode.

Press SONG
Press JOB
[F4] Meas
02 Delete Measure

Here you can select the Measure Range you wish to delete.  In your case you will want to select as the start of the range the Measure after the Song currently ends. Then move the cursor on to the finish Measure and simply scroll to a Measure beyond where the Song originally stopped. Press Enter.

(And don’t forget to SAVE your edited Song).

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2008 @ 08:03 PM
Bif
Total Posts:  774
Joined  08-18-2003

Re: Song Chain: Edit ending of songs

VilleFan1,

A couple additional points. The sequencer adds a blank measure at the end of each song, so you’ll have to contend with that no matter what you do. A work-around to help you get from song to song faster in Chain mode is to insert tempo changes in that blank measure at the end of the song. Change the tempo to 300 (the maximum tempo) and that blank measure goes by lots faster.

Greg

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Modulation Wheel no longer works
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››