mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "mLAN as aggregate device"

Posted on: December 17, 2008 @ 10:34 PM
ezcheese1
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-20-2008

okay, so i want to use mLAN to connect my rack xs to my G5 OS 10.4.11

My interface is an 01V96VCM connected lite pipe to a motu 2408mk3.  I set up an aggregate device in the audio midi setup, specifying 48khz and the word clock input of the motu (which is BNC from 01V)

I get signal from the xs.  it’s fine for several hours sometimes.  it’s hell trying to get it to connect though.  sometimes i have to open and close programs repeatedly until the inputs show, and wait through all those damn alerts for hours literally.  the only way i can effectively establish a connection is using the graphic patchbay editor.  unfortunately, the sound usually gets distorted after a few minutes. 

does the mLAN interface work as an aggregate slave?  i definitely slaved the xs to mLAN.  I’d like to be able to slave it to the 01V, which is theoretically what i’ve done since it is my interfaces alleged clock generator???

I’ve also tried alternate solutions.  I turned off the network connection of my firewire ports, and that didn’t help.  I also tried switching firewire ports and disconnecting my other interfaces.

granted, mLAN does work perfectly if it is the selected interface for my Logic Pro 8 project.  Unfortunately, this does not allow me to connect all my gear the way i want.  I suppose I could switch to a mLAN card on my 01V, but then I would have less flexibility in my routing ( max of 3 stereo non XS inputs through my 01V expansion slot this way).

How should i put this together?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
ezcheese1
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-20-2008

Re: mLAN as aggregate device

p.s.  my aggregate device is the motu and mLAN.  I just read my post and decided that it may appear that i’m addressing the improper forum.  actually, everything works except for the mLAN here.  The 01V is bang on, however i’m having this fundamental issue using mLAN as an aggregate interface.  Even if i select mLAN as the clock of the aggregate interface, it is every bit as temperamental as when any other clock source is selected.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Multi Names in Studio Manager
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››