mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Multi Names in Studio Manager"

Posted on: December 17, 2008 @ 06:33 PM
pchampa1
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-17-2008

I’m so close to having the setup of my dreams.  The Rack XS sounds great!  I’m running the XS through Cubase AI and using the Studio Manager software.  All versions are current. 

I’m able to go “online” and edit voices and multis at will.  I have created a custom multi, and changed the name in the “global” tab in Studio Manager to “Trumpetopia.” (Please, stop laughing.) Using the store function on the rack itself, I saved Trumpetopia to Multi:User:001.  I’ve also done a File>Save, Edit>Store Global, and Edit>Store Mixing in Studio Manager.  “Trumpetopia” shows up both on the rack and in Studio Manager.

Here’s my problem...(Thank you for being patient)
When I click the global tab, the “Multi Library” window opens.  This window contains three folders: Preset 1, Preset 2, and Preset 3.  I’ve overwritten Preset 1, 01 “Chillitronika” with my “Trupetopia” multi on the XS.  I’ve changed the name. 

Why doesn’t the word “Trupetopia” show up in the multi-library file browser?  I need a way to select my custom multis from a list, just like voices.  Can someone offer advice?

Paul

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2008 @ 05:49 AM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

Re: Multi Names in Studio Manager

You cannot over-write the Yamaha Editor that you have running within the Studio Manager environment. After making your edits, you have four choices:

1. Store the new Multi directly on the Rack XS using the Store button. Then make 100% sure that when you sync with the Editor, that you do so FROM THE RACK XS - NOT THE COMPUTER!!
2. Store as a unique file on your computer
3. Store as a unique file, or as a unique project name within Cubase AI.
4. Purchase the third party software suite for the Rack XS made my John Melas. See the link below and check out the demo versions.

[url=http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php]http://www.jmelas.gr/motif/bundle.php [/url]

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2008 @ 05:57 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Multi Names in Studio Manager

Why doesn’t the word “Trupetopia” show up in the multi-library file browser? I need a way to select my custom multis from a list, just like voices. Can someone offer advice?

You do not add items to this Multi Library. It is a read only library. The 384 books, er, Multis in this Library are the 384 PERFORMANCES that come in the Motif XS keyboard. They are provided for those who want to use the Motif Rack XS to record Performances (up to four Voices simultaneously setup with multiple arpeggio etc). like in the keyboard XS…

You have written your first book “Trumpetopia” it does not get to be a part of this library. (I’ve written a book and tried to get the NYC 42nd Street Branch to put it on the shelves and they wouldn’t - they told me it was a ‘read only’ library of reference books)… That is what the MULTI LIBRARY is - a reference library for Performance setups… read only.

Your MULTI is stored (by Studio Manager) automatically when you SAVE your Cubase AI Project.

Each Cubase AI Project represents the MIDI (and/or Audio) and setup data for a single song… just as your Multi is the setup data for the Motif-Rack XS for a single song… When you create the Cubase .CPR file, Studio Manager will automatically bundle every parameter of your Motif-Rack XS and save it with the Project: “Trumpetopia.CPR”

Of course, you can save the Studio Manager file individual (also) if you’d like, but it is automatically bundled with the Cubase data and can be automatically recalled when you next open the Trumpetopia.CPR file, and it will be returned to your Rack XS at the click of a button.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New Version 1.1.8 of Motif Rack XS Tools!
Next Topic:

What’s New! ››