mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AW16 Effects"

Posted on: December 16, 2008 @ 03:46 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Hi,

I am trying to record a 10 track song from my Motif 8 sequencer onto my AW16G.

I have decided to record “dry” and add effects later at mixdown stage.

However the tracks in the AW seem to constantly have reverb and chorus on them. How do I switch these off so that I get a clean dry signal for the initial recording?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2008 @ 11:21 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: AW16 Effects

The effects are set via an effect send, probably on an AUX page. It sounds like these are active either on the input side or on the monitor side or possibly both.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 11:57 AM
dawnrun
Total Posts:  26
Joined  07-27-2008

Thanks as always Wellie.

I swithched it on the day after and the tracks were all “dry” so I guess the changes only took place once I restarted the machine.

I now have a new challenge! When I add an effect in the AW (eg. by pressing either Eff 1 or Eff 2 it seems to apply the effect I choose to all tracks instead of a different effect per track as I so require). Any ideas how to isolate the effect I want to say be on drums, reverb hall 100% for instance, and then stick chorus on the lead guitar?

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2008 @ 01:17 PM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

let me point out that my experience is based on an AW4416 so please check your manual for specifics.

The 16 G has 2 effects which can be used globally in a mix. So you woudl choose a reverb and choose a chorus/delay. You would then send various amounts of each track to those two effects. This is useful for reverbs and chorus. Of course, shoudl you want a specific effect on a single track, it is possible to use one effect as an insert, but then you only have one left to use as a global effect.

Hope this makes sense

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ rack sequencer
Next Topic:

Loading Sequences from Cubase into MO8 ››