mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording in Pattern Mode"

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 05:23 PM
mikejohanson@gmail.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-15-2008

Hey everyone,

I’ll try my best to explain this… I’ve got music recorded on phrase A,B,C and I.  I is the intro, and A is the next phrase I’d like it go to. I’ve got a couple drum tracks in both a synth pad and a bass track. When I’m playing back the pattern I’ve recorded (I) and then press (A) the pattern i want to switch to after phrase I is done, the first note of the bass track is like cut in half. This also happens if I’m going from A to I. In other words, the bass note E is on the down beat in each phrase, and when i switch the phrase its almost like its not loading the data fast enough to make it on time for the down beat for the switch. Though this doesn’t occur if I’m switching from A to B or B to C.

I guess my questions are, has anyone else had this problem? Is it a sign the board is getting old (i hope not, i never move it)? or is there some sort of update I’m missing? or it possible that i have some sort of setting set wrong that will cause this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 06:42 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Recording in Pattern Mode

We are pretty sure you mean “SECTION” A, B, C, and I. ...not ‘phrase’.

The amount of time before the Motif ES moves from one Pattern Section to another Pattern Section in response to a button press, is controlled by a parameter called PATTERN QUANTIZE.

From PATTERN mode:
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F3] SEQ
Press [SF3] OTHER

“PtnQuantize” can be set to a sixteenth note (meaning the Section will change almost immediately), an eighth note, a quarter note, a half note, or 1 (top of the next measure).

It is recommended that you set it to “1” if you are cutting off your Sections. Now you can press the SECTION button anywhere in the bar preceding the spot you want it to change.

Of course, it could be something else, but this is usually the culprit. Other problems could include:
_ a Program Change event in the track data
_ a note that is played in the last few clock ticks of the track data - and is just prior to the loop point.

Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2008 @ 12:23 PM
mikejohanson@gmail.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-15-2008

Re: Recording in Pattern Mode

Thanks for the help, and thanks for clearing up the lingo /forums/images/icons/wink.gif alt= Turns out the problem was that i had somehow recorded a different bass on the same track, so it wasn’t switching the sample quick enough or something. I had FingerPBs in section I then PrecFW in section A both on track 2. Thanks again for the suggestion!

Respectfully Yours,
Mike

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question for Bad Mister
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››