mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MFC10 + Motif Rack ES Question"

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 01:07 PM
musiklyrik
Total Posts:  29
Joined  08-27-2008

Tuning in my equip:s and this things works great together!

Short question: I have tried to plugin a extra pedal in MFC10 for expression, but I cant make the settings right in MFC10 - my Motif responds, but not the way I hoped for.

Can anyone help me out on this? I already read the manual on MFC10 and the pdf MOTIF ES+MFC10 document but somehow the instuctions are vague setting up CC for Expression.

Im trying to get some variations in the brass sounds, flute and saxophone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 01:22 PM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Bad Mister help? MFC10 + Motif Rack ES Question

Bad Mister offered instruction to setup an extra sustain pedal:

Setup F01, for example, to send cc064 Toggle ON/OFF
Press switch [F01]
Press [MEMORY EDIT]
Set STATUS = b0 (control change_ MIDI channel 1 - set it to whatever channel you are using)
Press [MEMORY EDIT]
Set DATA/CTRL = 064 (Sustain)
Press [MEMORY EDIT]
Bank MSB/ MAX is set to 127
Press [MEMORY EDIT]
Bank LSB / MIN is set to 000
Toggle On-Off = ON
Press [WRITE/EXIT]
Press [INC/YES] to store.

Would it be that easy to change CC# 064 to CC# 011?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 01:39 PM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Re: Bad Mister help? MFC10 + Motif Rack ES Question

hehe...sorry guys for replying my own question, just want to add:

My “clue” of the problem, is that i´m missing some physical handling in the settings with the “toe up and down”. Am I supposed to press the pedal up/down while setting the parameters?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 02:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The instructions you wrote out above are for turning one of the MFC10’s switches to a sustain pedal. A switch would make a very poor volume control… for the following reason: A switch has only two positions 0 for OFF, and 127 for ON.

All or nothing, while this is typically a guitar player’s view of volume for other musicians it is insufficient
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

I have tried to plugin a extra pedal in MFC10 for expression, but I cant make the settings right in MFC10 - my Motif responds, but not the way I hoped for.

You don’t say how your Motif responds… but here are the steps to make one of the additional jacks on the MFC10 work as expression:

_Plug a Yamaha FC7 pedal into jack #2 on the back panel of the MFC10. (The built-in pedal is pedal 1, and the four jacks on the back are labeled “2”, “3”, “4” and “5")
_ Press [FC EDIT]
_ Use the MFC10 switches 1-5 to correspond to the pedal jack numbers. So you want to press switch 2. The STATUS light and the switch #2 will flash together.
_ In the screen you want to select “b_” The letter “b” is Control Change messages and the number after it corresponds to the MIDI channel you want to work with as follows:
0= channel 1
1= channel 2
2= channel 3
3= channel 4
4= channel 5
5= channel 6
6= channel 7
7= channel 8
8= channel 9
9= channel 10
A= channel 11
B= channel 12
C= channel 13
D= channel 14
E= channel 15
F= channel 16

So “b0” would be a Control Change message on MIDI Channel 1
And “bF” would be a Control Change message on MIDI Channel 16

Use the [INC/YES] and [DEC/NO] buttons to set the Channel.
_ Press [FC EDIT] to advance to the next parameter which is “DATA/CTRL” (Controller in this instance)
_ Here you want to input the Control Change number you want to work with. Expression = cc 011. Use the INC/DEC buttons to set this to “011”
_ Press [FC EDIT] to advance to the next parameter which is “BANK MSB/MAX"… since you are dealing with a CONTROLLER you want to set the ‘MAXIMUM’ for your controller, so for example, if you want the maximum to be full you would set MAX = 127
_ Press [FC EDIT] to advance to the next parameter which “BANK LSB/MIN"… since we are dealing with a CONTROLLER it is MINIMUM. Set the value you want for the minimum value for the Expression pedal… for example, MIN = 000
_ Press [FC EDIT] this will return you to the “STATUS” parameter.

_ Press [WRITE/EXIT]
“FC2” will be flashing in the screen - denoting that you are ready to write this setting for the Foot Controller 2 jack.
Press [INC/YES] to write this to memory.

It will blink briefly and you’re done.

You have now programmed an FC7 pedal plugged into FC#2 jack on the back of the MFC10 to transmit Expression on the given MIDI channel.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 03:21 PM
musiklyrik
Joined  08-27-2008

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, Bad Mister, and sorry to disturb you with a PM.

No, Im not using a swich, I´m using a (non Yamaha) expression pedal:

[url=http://www.proelgroup.com/proel/en/stageequipment/product.jsp?id_prod=11165695863100&id_scat=11159768337080&id_cat=11170309416470]http://www.proelgroup.com/proel/en/stageequipment/product.jsp?id_prod=11165695863100&id_scat=11159768337080&id_cat=11170309416470 [/url]

They told me in the music store that the expression/volume-pedals all work the same...correct advice?

I will try the settings at once!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 06:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

They told me in the music store that the expression/volume-pedals all work the same...correct advice?

If they all worked the same… I could think of a million things to put there… obviously they do not all work the same.

Get yourself a Yamaha FC7 - especially if you find out they do not all work the same /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need independent volume controls for 2 midi device
Next Topic:

Power ON ››