mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Question for Bad Mister"

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 08:32 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Mr. Bad:

I posted a response to a question you answered for me about using a AIEB2 on an MOES7.  But I was a little late on the follow up question so I think it got missed.  Anyway, what I was wondering is this:

When I go to Utility--->I/O-->Input, the Digital selection just shows “----”. My understanding is that it should allow me to select either Optical or Coaxial. It won’t let me do either. The same is true in the Output screen. Is there something wrong? Why can’t I select the option?  Do I need to have both optical and coaxial connections to the board made at the time?  I can’t seem to find anything about this in the manual.

thanks,

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 01:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Question for Bad Mister

Sorry, I saw your question while I was on the road traveling and was going to look for an AIEB2 when next I got back home to my studio (alas, in vane) - it has been several years since I’ve seen one.

Seems you should be able to select one or the other, if the unit is properly installed. From what I remember only one worked at a time.

You may want to call Customer Service at Yamaha, they may still have one that they can check on for you. Once mLAN came around, I never looked back. I don’t believe I still own an AIEB2 and cannot find any of my notes on its operation.

Sorry.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 16, 2008 @ 10:09 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Re: Question for Bad Mister

Thanks for the reply Bad.  It seems to be working fine except for the selection between the two options.  I’ll try giving Yamaha a call.

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How do I connect a guitar?
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››