mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Load AKAI voices on Motif ES via USB drive"

Posted on: December 14, 2008 @ 04:54 PM
ronnie
Total Posts:  0
Joined  10-04-2004

Hi
I’ve just a bought an Akai Cd with some Indian ethnic voices and I want to load them on my Motif and use them as a voice.  But the problem is that I don’t have a usb external cd reader.  Is there some other way I can load them on Motif ES??

Cheers
rONniE

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 08:42 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Load AKAI voices on Motif ES via USB drive

Most likely not. I don’t about your particular data but....  Items placed on CD, typically, have copy protection that means you have to read the data from the original CD. This is one way AKAI assures that they get paid the licensing fee and they avoid unlicensed distribution of the data - you cannot just move the data to another media and read it. It must be read from the original CD. This, as you can see, prevents, multiple copies being made and distributed.

It is all very 20th century… not even the newer AKAI machines read old AKAI format (any more)… If you find an external USB CD reader better hold on to it… as the 20th century technologies start to fade into history.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need help loading midi files on my XS8
Next Topic:

Combining Favorite Voices in on place ››