mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha.Roland.Korg.MM6.Juno-D.Juno-G.X50.M50.TR"

Posted on: December 14, 2008 @ 08:10 AM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

Roland and Korg produce very good synths and keyboards too. Anyone played on Juno-D.. Juno-G or Korg X50.. M50 or TR series synths??

I think the Roland Juno series keyboards are more expensive than MM6.

But Korg’s synths are very competitively priced.  The X50 is about the same price as MM6!!!  Korg’s SP250 88-key stage piano costs only slightly more than MM6 (abt 20% more)!!!

M50 and TR cost about 50% more than MM6.

What do you experts think about the Roland and Korg keyboards?

Are they better than the MM6 or worse off?

What about the functions, sounds, appegiators, patterns?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 12:54 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Yamaha.Roland.Korg.MM6.Juno-D.Juno-G.X50.M50.TR

You ask a “Do these shoes fit my feet?” question.
They all make fine shoes… and for different purposes… Only you can decide what is best for you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2008 @ 09:13 PM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

Yes, bad mister.  I am new to synths. Thats why i asked.  What is the mm6 good for?  What is it not for?  Live performance, song covers/arrangements, studio recording, generating new sounds, composing?

Anyone can comment on Korg and Roland?

Especially the X50, M50, TR series for Korg?

And the Juno series for Roland.

I tried the Korg machines in the stores.  Seems complicated to use.  Buttons are not intuitive.

I think the MM6 sounds (borrowed from Motif) sounded better than Korg and Roland.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 19, 2008 @ 12:29 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

I have an X50 and am very happy with it. It is really light at 10 pounds, has decent action and sounds great for this price class. It comes with software that allows you to edit all the sound parameters on the computer, and to run it as a VSTi in most DAW programs like Cubase or Sonar. It is 16 part multi-timbrel, so when connected to a computer DAW, you can use it to play back multiple track midi files, or as a sound source to create multi-track songs. It is not built tank-tough, but with care it should last a long time.

After figuring out my ES6, it was is pretty easy to learn as well. It also makes a decent controller for my Rack XS. Not great, but decent.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 06:21 AM
kaanengin
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-16-2007

Here is my thoughts about these instruments:

None of them have decent action, terrible at best.
Forget the Juno D, G model is far more superior in every department. I’ve never played any of the Korg SP series, but I hate korg pianos, so I am pretty sure the SP250 is not a good choice.
Two years ago, I was almost buying a Juno G, but the action spoil the deal for me.
To me, Juno G is the best one between these choices, I really like roland sounds, the interface and the controllers are OK, and you can add an SRX expension board later (it would be srx-12 for me).
MM6 is a good instrument too, and the action is a little better than the Juno G, but as I sad in the beginning, this is just my humble opinion

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2008 @ 11:02 AM
morrisr
Total Posts:  27
Joined  12-29-2008

I am very new to this forum, infact I haven’t got my MM6 as yet. I also had the same concerns as to which keyz is better but as one of the replies says, it’s really what’s best for you and what your personally need.  It terms of cost, The MM6 is going for $600 but the TR is much more.

The MM6 is an entry level to the MOTIF Engine and is reasonably priced. Presenlty have a PSR-295 /forums/images/icons/frown.gif alt= however need atleast a MM6 to play with the big guys.  I like live stage performances so I play for my church and try to make the best of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Easy Question ????????
Next Topic:

how can i change MM6 sounds from computer??? ››