mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I give up….someone please help with master mode!"

Posted on: December 13, 2008 @ 06:12 PM
mpriddy
Total Posts:  6
Joined  09-11-2008

Hello,

I have been struggling with this for days now....after searching these forums, reading manuals, reading the understanding master mode pdf, and watching clips, i still cant figure this out.  It should be simple, but obviously its not.

I have a motifes and a roland fantom-xr.  I like the acou pianos on the fantom, the brass on the fantom, the strings on the mo, and the ep’s on the mo.  I like to do lots of layers combining all of these different types of sounds.  I might want an elec piano from the mo and two brass sounds from the fantom.  Or maybe an elec piano and a string from the mo, and a brass sound from the fantom.  My understanding is that you set up all these sounds in pattern or song mode.  So I set up 16 individual sounds on 16 tracks in pattern mode and saved it.  So now, im supposed to be able to go into master mode and create a 4 part layer using some of the sounds that I have in my pattern/mix, right?  All I am supposed to have to do is change the midi channel to reflect the track that has the sound that I want.  But instead of that happening, it acts as though the 4 zones are linked to midi channels 1-4.  So it doesnt matter that I am pointing to the channels that I want, its still going to midi channel 1-4.

Someone please help me figure this out.  It shouldn’t be this hard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2008 @ 08:14 PM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-19-2007

Re: I give up....someone please help with master mode!

The easiest way is to try demos. Load demo songs/patterns by pressing buttons File & Utility simultaneosly, then try some of preloaded Master setting that point to these songs/patterns and see how zones are set there.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 08:01 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: I give up....someone please help with master mode!

See this similar post

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MIDI Sync w/MPC not holding ...
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››