mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "how do I control modulation?"

Posted on: December 12, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
timkrause
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-12-2008

I have a Motif 6.

I would like to change the GM:043 (C11) patch ("St:Cello 2") so that I can control the modulation effect. 

In the factory preset, this patch always has a modulation effect to simulate vibrato while playing a real cello.

Can I turn off the modulation so that it plays with a “no vibrato” sound? 

Can I set up the patch so that the modulation wheel can be used to add vibrato, and then remove the vibrato?  This would be like the way some of the organ patches add and subtract the Leslie effect by using the modulation wheel.

Thank you very much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 14, 2008 @ 01:55 PM
kevinb
Total Posts:  340
Joined  05-07-2003

Re: how do I control modulation?

I think the vibrato was acutally recorded in the string sample and there’s no way to get rid of it. Others have complained about this in the past but as far as I know there’s no fix.

Kevin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2008 @ 12:43 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: how do I control modulation?

My memory is particularly fuzzy at the moment, but I seem to recall that one of the sample sets included a re-do of some of the solo strngs voices without the vibrato. You would probably have to have sample RAM installed to use these (though they might have been designed to fit in the 4Mb of the classic)

I don’t know if anyone can confirm it - its just a vague recollection.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Voice Editing Maze
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››