mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "recording arpeggio to a song track"

Posted on: December 12, 2008 @ 04:59 AM
ranhilai
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-12-2008

When I record an arpeggio in a song track and play it back it doesn’t sound the same as when I recorded it. Some of the notes are missing or shifted or something. How can I record an arpeggio acurately?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2008 @ 05:25 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: recording arpeggio to a song track

Not all arpeggios can be recorded to a SONG track as MIDI data. It depends on the arpeggio KEY MODE type.

In general, the sequencer can record either your normal trigger notes as you play the keyboard or it can record the output of the arpeggiator. It cannot do both simultaneously.

So I guess it depends on which arpeggio you are attempting to record. Without any additional information it would be impossible for us to tell you what you are doing wrong.

Also it would be not wise to use QUANTIZE when recording arpeggios. QUANTIZE can automatically shift some notes - which may be what is happening. But as I said without more information about what you are doing - it would be impossible to pin it down.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Name arpeggio?
Next Topic:

How can I create a user arpeggio? ››