mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "AIEB2 Digital I/O question"

Posted on: December 10, 2008 @ 09:41 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

I have a AIEB2 board installed on my MOES7 and it works great.  The only question I have is related to the digital I/O connections.  I understand that the digital out is simply the Main L/R.  But what is the digital in?  It doesn’t seem to be the digital equivalent of the Audio In. 

Thanks,

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2008 @ 10:14 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: AIEB2 Digital I/O question

The digital connectors will only accept audio that has the proper configuration. These are stereo digital inputs. When you say the “AUDIO IN”, if you are referring to the A/D input, that is an analog-to-digital input can accept only signal from analog sources. And quite naturally the digital inputs can only accept signal in digital (Stereo) format. Like the A/D input the Digital Input can be routed to the Motif ES sampler. So it is way to get pristine digital recordings from CD players, DAT machines or any device with a compatible stereo digital audio stream. Additionally the digital inputs can be set for 20-bit or 24-bit operation.

From the manual:

OPTICAL
Use these connectors to input or output digital signals over optical-fiber cable. You can use the OPTICAL IN to record a digital signal at frequencies of 48kHz, 44.1kHz, or 32kHz. The OPTICAL OUT connector outputs a digital signal of 44.1kHz.

COAXIAL
Use these connectors to input or output digital signals over coaxial (RCA-pin) cable. The digital signal format is CD/DAT (S/P DIF). You can use the DIGITAL IN connector to record a digital signal at frequencies of 48kHz, 44.1kHz, or 32kHz. The DIGITAL OUT connector outputs a digital signal of 44.1kHz.

Digital Input using the optional AIEB2
By installing the optional AIEB2 I/O expansion board, you can directly record digital audio from digital sources — such as a CD player or DAT deck. For maximum compatibility and flexibility, the AIEB2 board includes two different input types: OPTICAL (optical fiber) and DIGITAL (coaxial cable).

Note: Either one of the connectors (OPTICAL or DIGITAL) can be used; however, both cannot be used at the same time. Select which connector is used for digital
input in the Utility mode with the following operation
[UTILITY] > [F2] I/O > [SF1] INPUT

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2008 @ 08:38 AM
msr
Total Posts:  250
Joined  03-31-2006

Re: AIEB2 Digital I/O question

I have one more question about this I/O.  When I go to Utility--->I/O-->Input, the Digital selection just shows “----”.  My understanding is that it should allow me to select either Optical or Coaxial.  It won’t let me do either.  The same is true in the Output screen.  Is there something wrong?  Why can’t I select the option?

thanks,

msr

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG150 and External Sequencer
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››