mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Need independent volume controls for 2 midi devices"

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 01:14 PM
topbassplayer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-06-2004

I am trying to have separate volume controls for 2 midi devices going through a MIDI Solutions 2-input MIDI Merger coming out as 1-output. The output is going into my Yamaha Motif rack. When I turn down the volume on one device it affects the other, therefore I must have both volumes up in order to get sound from either. Does anyone know of a way I can control each midi volume device independently?

2 separate midi devices:
1. Roland midi converter for the my GK-1 bass guitar pickup
2. E-MU Xboard 49 key USB-MIDI Controller

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 01:31 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Need independent volume controls for 2 midi devices

Okay I guess this clear up whether you have a Motif Rack XS or a Motif Rack… I’m assuming since the forum matches your gear list, you do in fact own a Motif Rack.

The question from the other post remain: How many sounds are you playing in the Motif Rack. and on how many MIDI channels?

If you are playing multiple sounds, for example the Bass is controlling one sound or set of sounds, and the Keyboard is controlling an entirely different sound, then you have a way to control them separately.

Volume can be controlled on a per MIDI Channel basis. So if the Bass MIDI Converter is on a separate channel from the keyboard controller, you have options.

Now you will just need to tell us what MIDI controller functions you have available.

For example, can you send MIDI control change message 007 from both controllers. How about cc011, and how about cc004…

If you have access to separate MIDI channels, it can be done.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2008 @ 10:38 AM
topbassplayer
Total Posts:  0
Joined  01-06-2004

Re: Need independent volume controls for 2 midi devices

Bad Mister, I am using a Motif Rack. I am using just one sound at a time. I guess if I get thru this, having separate volumes, I’d like to learn how to assign a different sound to each midi device. I think both are on the same channel. I’m not a Midi guru. So I guess now I need to assign each midi device to its own separate channel so I can control the volume independent of each device. Can you help me with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Midi channels 2-16 problem
Next Topic:

Motif Rack OS Update and Multi Part Editor ››