mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "HELP PLEeeeASEEE"

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 07:19 AM
ballzplaya
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-06-2005

HI fellow,
let me start with my equipement
I have:
motif es6
delta44 sound card
mackie 1202 mixer
I am using cubase sx3
I am connected with usb cable and the sound of my motif goes through the mixer and in the sound card

(please I am not looking for a go look in your manual page such and such..I already did read and its not clear to me thats the reason why I am coming here)

I produced multiple tracks on my motif es 6 in pattern mode. I would like to know how (steps) to record the sound to cubase, my problem right now is that I am trying to sync my motif with cubase to have all individual track recorded in cubase, but for some reason dont seem to be able to do so. Can someone guide me on how to setup cubase and the motif es to have them sync, so I can record the midi and my audio. If there is a better way let me know please.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 08:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: HELP PLEeeeASEEE

In Cubase:
Go to TRANSPORT
Find SYNC SETUP…
Under “MIDI CLOCK OUT” select the MIDI Port set to feed the Motif ES and check it as the MIDI CLOCK DESTINATION. If you are using the Yamaha USB-MIDI driver then this will be PORT 1

Click OK

Go to PROJECT
Find the TEMPO TRACK
When it opens, set the Project Tempo to the Tempo you want everything to run at…

In the Motif ES
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F5] MIDI
Press [SF3] SYNC
Set the MIDI SYNC = MIDI
Set SEQ CTRL = IN

The Motif ES will now take Sequencer Start/Stop and synchronization commands from Cubase SX3.

Hope that helps....

You posted in the Motif Rack ES (which doesn’t have a sequencer) so we will assume that you actually do have a Motif ES keyboard - as your question seems to be about syncing the PATTERN mode sequencer… No wonder you couldn’t find the answer in the manual… maybe you were looking in the wrong manual… /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 09:02 AM
ballzplaya
Joined  03-06-2005

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate the help. A million thanks again!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2008 @ 11:16 AM
ballzplaya
Joined  03-06-2005

I have my motif sync with cubase, how do I go about recording my midi files for some reason its not working. I open a midi track muted all my track except for the first track and it records. but when I try to play it back and record the audio its not working.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2008 @ 04:35 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Setup a MIDI Track in Cubase (and now your question needs to be in the Steinberg forum heading)…

Set the MIDI Channel for this single track = “ANY”
This will allow the Track in Cubase to record all the MIDI channels coming in at once. You can later use the MIDI function called DISSOLVE TRACK to split them to separate track.

It is not really clear from your post if you are attempting to transfer MIDI or Audio to Cubase. Either way - try posting in the Steinberg forum, we are very, very far afield now and particularly as your thread has nothing to do with a Motif Rack ES.

Also as far as recording audio through your Mackie mixer and Delta interface is concerned it is beyond our scope… and in the Steinberg forum you may find others who have experience using your particular audio devices.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Dream Midi Guitar Rig!
Next Topic:

Need independent volume controls for 2 midi device ››