mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "PLG150 and External Sequencer"

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 05:35 PM
rmdower@gmail.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-26-2006

Okay, I am officially frustrated. I have a Motif ES6 with the PLG150-AP and AN boards in physical expansion ports 2 and 3. I have the boards assigned under the MIDI controls to Port 2 (when I change the port number both change together). I have Device set to ALL.

Based on other posts, it appears I should be able to access these boards in Logic 8 through Motif Midiport 2; midi channel 2 and 3. I get no sounds. Any suggestions?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 05:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: PLG150 and External Sequencer

The PLG150 series boards are all SINGLE PART boards. They only occupy one MIDI channel, each. So when you set the PORT NO. for the PLG150 boards they all change together. Because all three can (and do) exist on the same PORT

A PORT, by definition, has 16 MIDI channels. There are 3 slots so even if you had all three slots filled, all three boards could share the same PORT.

If you set the PORT to 2, then
SLOT 1 = MIDI Channel 1 of PORT 2
SLOT 2 = MIDI Channel 2 of PORT 2
SLOT 3 = MIDI Channel 3 of PORT 2

Hope that helps.

You can only address the Motif ES’s PORT 2 from an external sequencer, if you are using USB-MIDI or mLAN-MIDI… in other words if you are connected to the Motif ES via a 5 pin MIDI cable you will not be able to address anything on PORT 2.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 08:06 PM
rmdower@gmail.com
Total Posts:  0
Joined  03-26-2006

Re: PLG150 and External Sequencer

I got it figured out. In “Pattern” -"Mixer"-"Edit", and then properly select the PLG150 voice. My bad.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif rack with PLG150-VL, use with Multi?
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››