mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Easy Question ????????"

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 05:31 PM
hillbilly0
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-01-2008

My soundcard has an input/Output console that is also my audio/Midi interface..............Is it beter for me to hook my MM6 to the computer through the midi inputs on the console or to use usb for midi comunication??????? the soundcard supports ASIO 2.0.........

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 08:00 AM
UlisesJazzer
Total Posts:  131
Joined  07-12-2006

Re: Easy Question ????????

YOu’ll be fine either way, probably it is a little better using your sound card because it is a PCI device and information will travel faser that way than USB, but really you’ll be fine no matter what way you choose. btw, ASIO is a driver that manages audio information, not MIDI information AFAIK.

Hope this helps

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 08:50 AM
hillbilly0
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-01-2008

Thank you so much............you guys are the greatest. I’m new to all of this but I’ve got to say,This website has answered questions that have haunted me for months.I’ve found more answers in 3 days than I have in Months of Reading Manuals over and over and over.THANK YOU for sharing some of your wisdom.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2008 @ 04:14 PM
c3ajeff
Total Posts:  26
Joined  11-08-2007

He’s right that you’d be fine either way - that’s true because the MIDI messages are by FAR slower than either interface. So even if all 16 channels were fully saturated with data, either interface could easily keep up with plenty of headroom left over.

Do whatever works better for you, but I prefer the USB interface.

[ Ignore ]