mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif USB-Midi problem when hooked up to macbook"

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 03:48 PM
jondon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-07-2008

I can’t get my 10.5.4. macbook to recognize my motif es 8 when plugged in usb to host.  Installed the newest driver and tried almost everything but every time I open the yamaha motif usb panel in system preferences it says “Yamaha USB-Midi device is not connected.” Can anyone help me

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 07:13 AM
nbadesign
Total Posts:  994
Joined  08-20-2007

Re: Motif USB-Midi problem when hooked up to macbook

At first, check your cable if possible. Or try another cable. If doesn’t help, try again to uninstall driver and install it again.
Than, I don’t know what to say. It could be USB port on your Mac or (I hope not) on your ES.

Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 01:07 PM
jondon
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-07-2008

I’m pretty sure its not the cable because I’ve tried a few that are the same connections but they all do not work.  My motif es used to actually work, but one day I found my usb cable that was plugged in ripped in half from my dog (I really hope this isn’t the source of the problem.) This is by far the most annoying problem I’ve encountered with my motif and it is frustrating the hell out of me.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2008 @ 05:16 PM
KingVidBina
Total Posts:  14
Joined  07-24-2008

Is your Motif in SONG or PATTERN mode? I read (in a manual) that the Motif has to be either in SONG or PATTERN mode before the driver will recognize it.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MPC as the master and the Motif ES8 as a slave
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››