mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "My Motif ES stopped working"

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 06:47 AM
spec24
Total Posts:  16
Joined  04-24-2008

So I powered it on as usual, and it just sits there with the Yamaha logo glowing on the display.  Anyone know why this might be happening and if there might be a fix that does not involve taking it to a repair shop?  Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 11:29 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: My Motif ES stopped working

Time for a trip to the repair shop, unfortunately.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 12:01 PM
SpongeBob
Total Posts:  1588
Joined  11-19-2006

The Motif will hang on start up if there is a midi problem. Be sure nothing is attached to it - no pedals, midi cables, nothing - just the power cord. If you get the same result, then as Dave suggests, off to the shop.

Bob

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 04:27 PM
-
Total Posts:  518
Joined  06-07-2006

Once during rehearsal my ES7 just stopped making sound.  All lights were on, everything looked perfect.  I could change patches but still no sound.

I carefully checked cords etc., then did a reboot and all was normal.  This freaked me out because to reboot with samples takes a few minutes and if the gig were live I’d have had a problem.

After that I got a dedicated triplight surge/line conditioner for the boards and all has been stable.

Crazy!!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Modification: additional internal USB port
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››