mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif rack with PLG150-VL, use with Multi?"

Posted on: December 06, 2008 @ 10:39 PM
crashbam
Total Posts:  9
Joined  02-21-2005

A couple of questions on this subject

1. Is it possible to use a voice from the PLG150-VL in Multi mode of the Motif Rack (original)? 

The PLG1SYS banks do not appear in the Multi Editor, nor do they appear when I try to edit the multi directly on the Motif rack. 

2.  I am using Cubase SE3, and keep the Rack in Multi mode.  I thought that maybe I could access the PLG150-VL voices by addressing a different port.  On the Rack, it is setup to use port 2 for PLG1SYS, but I can’t seem to access the PLG150-VL voices from Cubase (using the Motif script for Cubase, which does work for regular motif presets).

Using Studio Manager v2.3.0
Multi Editor 2.1.6
Midi In Port: Yamaha Motif-R-1
Midi Out Port: Yamaha Motif-R-2

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 01:37 AM
Derek Cook
Total Posts:  249
Joined  12-31-2005

Re: Motif rack with PLG150-VL, use with Multi?

Hi,

I’m using a PLG150-AN within Multis in my ES Rack with no problems. I’m sure the principle must be the same with the VL board.

All my gear is packed up at the moment as I was gigging last night (http://www.purefloyd.co.uk) and I’m off out now as it’s a beautiful day. But let me know if you want it and I’ll have a closer look at how I set things up and post them.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 09:31 AM
crashbam
Total Posts:  9
Joined  02-21-2005

Thanks Derek, I would really appreciate your help.  (your band looks great! That must be a blast)

Update on #2:  I am now able to control the PLG150-VL in Cubase, with the Motif in voice mode, and outputting midi to MOTIF-R-1, selecting bank PLG2PRE1.  But I really want to acces the plugin voice in Multi mode.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 07, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Place your PLG150 boards so that they are set to receive MIDI on PORT 2. Then you can transmit your Cubase track on PORT 2, MIDI channel 1 for PLG slot 1, and PORT 2, MIDI channel 2 for PLG slot 2

In order to use PORT 2 you must be connected to your computer via USB-MIDI - (it is not possible to use PORT 2, if you are using a 5-pin DIN MIDI cable).

Press [UTILITY]
Press PAGE [<]/[>] to page to the PLG1SYS page
Change the Port No. = 2

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 08, 2008 @ 07:03 AM
TonyPhillips
Total Posts:  844
Joined  09-16-2005

If I recall, you can’t see the PLGs from within the Multi Editor.  That’s just the nature of the beast.

While Bad Mister’s topic of putting the PLGs on a different PORT is certainly useful.  If you do this, then you can use the PLG150VL Visual Editor along with the Multi Editor.  The PLG150-VL is a separate synth that just has a home in its mother.  The Multi Editor can’t control the children.

In my setup, I leave my PLG on PORT 1, and just sacrifice one of the MOTIF’s native channels.

In Multis, I assign my PLG-150VL to Channel 16 of PORT 1.

That way I can use the 5-pin cable when needed, and the USB works the same way; it’s all PORT 1.

To me, sacrificing a single channel isn’t a loss.  None of my compositions have ever gone over 9 parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ PLG 150-AP piano sound better than S 700 ?
Next Topic:

Links to PLG150 Editors ››