mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "“Single Drum” from kit needed for arpeggio"

Posted on: December 06, 2008 @ 05:16 AM
Fedele
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-18-2008

I need HELP! I’m doing a musical for my church and I know there’s a way to do this but can’t seem to find it, you might say I’m Motifatigued:)
I have a XS8 (which I love!). I needed a march in 3/4 to play a snare throughout a song. I looked in the arps’s but coundn’t find one that worked so I made one in mix mode and copied to an arp. Very proud of myself. Now I would like to have this arp play a snare (only the snare) in the orchestra kit no matter which key I play in the lower register and keep playing no matter what key I press. Sorry I forgot to mention, I’m putting this together in a performance so I can play it live. In addition I have a string part that follows the snare part exactly So they need to have the same arp, but the stings obviously have to change notes but stay in perfect sync with that snare. I’ll also need an occasional timpani that’s assigned to all those keys at a differect velocity level so I can hit it when I need it.
Any help would be appreciated, I need to finish it this weekend.
Phil

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2008 @ 05:26 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: “Single Drum” from kit needed for arpeggio

It is not clear where you are stuck. But we assume since you made the arp yourself that it is working as you wish, is that not correct?

To make a drum arp that plays just the snare drum, when you executed the PUT TRACK TO ARPEGGIO function you should have selected “FIXED NOTE” as the CONVERT TYPE

Fixed Note, as the name indicates, fixes the pitch of the arp to the original notes played.

If you set the Convert Type to “Normal” the Arpeggio is played back using only the played note and its octave
notes.
If you set the Convert Type to “Original Notes” they will behave in a similar fashion to the “fixed note” only the Arpeggio pattern will differ according to the played chord.

It is not clear what you missed but perhaps that will help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2008 @ 05:56 AM
Fedele
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-18-2008

Re: “Single Drum” from kit needed for arpeggio

Thank you for the quick response! I don’t remember having that choice when I created the arp. I’ll check it out when I get back to work on it. 
Just so I understand correctly, with “fixed note” It will only play the drum I want on any key I press?

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Arpeggio not holding in Performance Mode
Next Topic:

Name arpeggio? ››