mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "sample sounds so different in this voice"

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 04:09 PM
rhodeye
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-18-2002

On PRE 2, 07 , Vox Pad element 1 uses Wv. 402, VPstringL (what does VP stand for?). The pitch seems low and it doesn’t sound like strings at all. If I substitute this Wv.  in a normal string vouce it does sound like strings. The pitch(button F2) is not lowered at all and the Eq.’s are fairly normal even in the insertion effect this element uses. Could you tell me how they get this Wv.(sample) to sound this way? I have elements 2,3,and 4 muted. Thanks. I’m mostly curious and I don’t want to spend more time trying to figure it out.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 05:37 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Re: sample sounds so different in this voice

First, you need to tell us which instrument you have - Motif Classic, ES, XS, MO 6,8, or S90 or S90 ES.

Second, you didn’t specify the bank location of the voice you’re talking about. We need the following info - Preset 1, 2, or 3, BANK A thru H, and then the voice number. An example would be Pre 4” 038 (C06).

“VP” stands for the Yamaha VP-1, an experimental modeling synth that was to retail for over 35,000 dollars and was developed at the same time the VL1 was developed (1993-1994). The VP 1 was never released commercially.

The difference you describe is probably due to the filter settings - specifically, cutoff, type, and filter depth as well as filter envelope.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Another newbie programming question
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››