mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Using the Motif 8 with an MPC 2500"

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 03:56 PM
Mondaybrown
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-05-2008

Using the MPC 2500 as a sequencer how do I setup the midi in the motif so that as I assign selected sounds from the motif to midi channels 1 through 16 they will loop as I build the track?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 06:39 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Using the Motif 8 with an MPC 2500

When you want to use the Motif multi-timbrally on multiple MIDI channels you place it in SEQUENCER mode (make sense)… this is the SONG or PATTERN… in these modes is where you would be able to address the Motif with a sequencer - be it the internal sequencer or an external sequencer.

SONG MIXING or PATTERN MIXING modes let you address 16 PARTS. by default PART 1 is set to receive on MIDI channel 1, PART 2 on MIDI channel 2 and so on.

Press [SONG]
Press [MIXING]
Use buttons 1-16 to select PART
Press [F3] VOICE
Here you can select a VOICE for each PART 1 through 16

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/430124-Mixing.JPG

When you have completed the selection of Voices you can edit the volumes, pan positions, Effect sends, etc., etc., etc. as necessary

Press [STORE] to store you MIXING setup
Save your data either to a SmartMedia Card or you can BULK dump the MIXING setup as System Exclusive data for storage.
From MIXING > Press [JOB] > Select [BULK] and Press ENTER to send the MIXING setup data OUT via MIDI.

[ Ignore ]