mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Arpeggio not holding in Performance Mode"

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 12:32 PM
coyote2677
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

Hello Motif Jedis,
I have been working recently with initialized performances, starting from scratch, etc. I have searched for the setting that will allow me to trigger an arpeggio and have it keep running independently of other keyboard keys being pushed.

For example, I am working on a performance where I will be playing bass with the left hand in real time(bass split to lower half of keys) and with my right hand I have placed a Pad and 2 arpeggiated synth patterns(split to the upper half of the board). I have “ARP HOLD” set to on for both arpeggiated voices, so the right hand arpeggios stay running, but as soon as I play a different bass note with my left hand, the arpeggio stops. How do I keep this from happening?(Like in performances with drum kit voices that can be triggered with one note and then run independently no matter what keys are pressed) Thanks so much, J

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 03:35 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Arpeggio not holding in Performance Mode

We recommend you download and read through the Power User PDF: Learning about Performances & Direct Performance Record

It goes over the very critical NOTE LIMIT parameters (there are two when setting up a Performance with arpeggios). One for the PART to sound, the other controls the notes that trigger the arpeggio.

You do not give enough information about your Performance to really know why HOLD is not working for you but it could have something to do with the various ARP MAIN and ARP OTHER parameters.

For example, in the ARP OTHER parameters you will find a parameter called “Trigger mode” if set to “toggle” the first key press starts the arp and the next will end it. There is also a parameter called LOOP, which obviously you want ON.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 11, 2008 @ 10:51 PM
coyote2677
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-05-2008

Re: Arpeggio not holding in Performance Mode

Thanks for your help BadMister. I figured out the solution about 20 minutes after I posted. The problem was the Note Limit range being set incorrectly, so after a quick tweak all is well. Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ ARP Control in DreamGrand Performance
Next Topic:

"Single Drum" from kit needed for arpeggio ››