mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic ".sty file (Style file) to .mid format"

Posted on: December 04, 2008 @ 09:29 PM
hncheema
Total Posts:  1470
Joined  08-27-2008

is there any software which can open a .sty file (Style file) and one can arrange it with chord changes and fill ins and ending etc of the style file and get an output in a midi format (.mid) so it can then be loaded onto motif XS song mode for further additions of melody line.

This way one can see the style files from psr and tyros into motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 02:20 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Re: .sty file (Style file) to .mid format

Hammad,

That would be very interested to know.

Sofar the only solution is to record an arrangement using all the style features like intro’s endings etc. as an audiofile, after it is finished, and load this audio file (Wav. file) into an audio track of Cubase and go from there further with adding other tracks to complete the song in Cubase.

Thats how I work with the XS8 and the TYROS2

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 03:09 AM
mmusic
Total Posts:  1159
Joined  05-24-2008

Hammad. I agree with Jan brujin. You should consider to buy Cubase for audio recording or midi.

Michael

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 05:03 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

i i would need an arranger keyboard for that, you guys have tyros. i only have xs. I have Qubase it came with the xs.

what i need is a midi arranger software, where i can simply open a .sty file. Wav output will work also. But then i have to rely upon the soundfont of the software.

Michael sent me a tyros style in WAV to which i added voices in xs and we co-produced a song which is posted on mo songs."sospirando"

maybe i find something i am looking for someday on web i’ll google it.

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 05:51 AM
jan bruijn
Total Posts:  4952
Joined  04-30-2005

Hammad,

Maybe Band in a Box is an option?

Jan

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2008 @ 07:21 AM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

I’ll check it out next weekend, i am off to another city for holidays of eid here in pakistan.

thanks for your help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2008 @ 06:05 AM
xyzzyx
Total Posts:  132
Joined  12-08-2005

These .sty files are actually midi files. You can rename a .sty file to .mid and open it with Cubase. The file contains all the sections in one single “song”, juxtaposed to each other (Main A, Main B, Fill A, Fill B, Intro, Ending etc. depending on the model of the arranger keyboard from where you got the style file), and for one single chord (C Major, if i remember well).

So, this is what you can do :

1. Rename your .sty file to .mid and open it with Cubase ;
2. Identify the sections, their order and their number of bars (this may be easier if you mute all tracks except the drum track, because most recent arrangers keyboards have variations which are played simultaneously and it makes a big mess) ;
3. Create a new song and arrange these sections to your taste by cutting and pasting the sections from the original file to yours ;
4. Edit the notes of the instruments to match your chord progressions (there is a tool in Cubase to select of notes on a specified pitch and then transpose them) ;
5. Find some decent voices for your song’s tracks ;
6. Verify that the samples triggered by the drumkit you chose actually match (this might not be the case for the percussions track, get the original arranger keyboard’s datalist if you aren’t sure) ;

Optionally, you can :

7. Invert step 3 and 4 to create a pool of chord-fixed sections before you arrange them (depending on the complexity of your song) ;
8. Musically “glue” your section changes together by changing some notes here and there (especially in the bass line). Here comes the power of a workstation over an arranger keyboard /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=
9. Take sections from different .sty files.

I know, this is a lot of work. Hope this helps,

—Julien

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 20, 2009 @ 07:34 PM
hncheema
Joined  08-27-2008

Man that’s a lot of work. Guess it would be easier to write the whole song from scratch and forget about the styles LOL

But i will try what you said ..... i know i will have a headache though .. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif alt=

thanks

cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Clavioline/Hammond Univox Sample
Next Topic:

"backward" operating foot switch ››