mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Drum Sample - UDR …. no velocity!?"

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 04:43 PM
XO
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-02-2006

Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my post… I’ve just created a drum kit using sampled drums ....however there is no velocity sensitivity also how do you set the hi hats so they sound more real i.e. the open hi hat mutes when i hit the closed ????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 07:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Drum Sample - UDR .... no velocity!?

Velocity Sensitivity is assigned in the VOICE. In a Drum Kit Voice it is done on a per KEY basis as each key is a different instrument.

Call up your User Drum Kit
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select button [1] to view KEY parameters
Press the Key on the keyboard to recall the assigned drum’s parameters
Press [F4] AMP (Amplitude)
Press [SF2] VEL SENS (Velocity Sensitivity)
A positive number will mean that the harder you strike a key the louder it gets. A negative number will do the opposite.
A setting of +0 is no velocity sensitivity at all. A setting of +32 is 100% velocity sensitive.

A setting of +32 is the linear curve (and is most likely what you want) - that is, for every unit you increase velocity there will be corresponding unit of output volume.

Any setting higher than +33 will mean that low velocities will not sound. By the time you increase it to a setting of +63 you will find that only when you strike a key very hard will you hear any sound...Low velocities are silent.  So setting higher than +33 are used only when you are cross-fading one sound with another.

Hihats closed, pedal, and open are placed in what is called an ALTERNATE GROUP… Any KEYS placed in the same ALTERNATE GROUP will cancel any other sound in that same ALTERNATE GROUP… this is how the closed hihat stops the Open High hat sound.
Also the Mute Triangle stops the Open Triangle… It also can be used when you assign Drum Loops to keys of a Drum Kit.

The Motif ES has 127 Alternate Groups

While in KEY EDIT
Press [F1] OSC
Press [SF5] OTHER
Set the sounds you want to work with each other in the same ALTERNATE GROUP number

http://files.keyfax.com/forums/user-files/429828-AlternateGroup.JPG

Press [STORE] to update your USER DRUM KIT

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 08:57 PM
XO
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-02-2006

Re: Drum Sample - UDR .... no velocity!?

Perfect thanks again......

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Studio Manager issue
Next Topic:

Motif to ES conversion ››