mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to save Song from MO 8 to computer with voices"

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 03:59 PM
JMANX
Total Posts:  0
Joined  12-03-2008

Hi all I’ve had my MO for almost a year now and just started messing with the actual song recording feature. The trouble is when I save my Song data to a flash drive or directly to my laptop it saves it as a MIDI file and dosn’ t save the Voice Mixing I had for the Song, so when I play the song it only uses a piano

Any help would be greatly apprecciated

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 04:05 PM
JMANX
Joined  12-03-2008

Re: How to save Song from MO 8 to computer with voices

P.S. I have never done any kind of recording (I’m I newb) before so I don’t have any equipment other than the MO

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 08:47 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Saving as a SMF (Standard MIDI File) is only done when you want to transfer MIDI data from one sequencer to another. It does not save the VOICES or the MIXING setup or any of the host synthesizers own parameters - on the data actually in the tracks (EVENT LIST)

The MO provides you with its own file formats that save the work you have done in the MO to its own file.

When you have completed your SONG in the MO Sequencer it is recommended that you save it in a MO ALL data file (.M7A) this will save all the User Voices, all the settings, the SONGs, the PATTERNs, your Mix setups, your Utility settings… everything… that is why it is called an ALL Data file.

Alternatively, you could save an ALL SONG file (.W7S) - as the name implies it saves ALL the SONGS in the MO (that includes the Event List and the MIXING setup).

Standard MIDI files are “standard” (means they can be read by any MIDI sequencer)… but it does not include your MO setup data… Which would be meaningless to another keyboard… a SMF (.MID) file only saves the data actually recorded to the Track (MIDI Note data and Tempo)… nothing else. So it is not the way you want to save your data.

If you want to save your MO parameters (Voices, Mixing, etc, etc, etc.) Save as an ALL data file
Press [FILE]
Press [F2] SAVE]
Set TYPE = ALL
Move the cursor down and give the file a name
Press [SF1] EXEC

This will create an ALL data (.M7A) file and save all of your work.

See the Owner’s Manual page 214 for an explanation of the FILE TYPES.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2008 @ 08:59 AM
JMANX
Joined  12-03-2008

I have tried to save both ALL and ALLSONG files but my computer will not read either type of file extension.

If I can get past this problem (or if anyone can tell me) what kind of format will the song actually be in? I need to be able to put on a CD, and again I have no experience in recording so I don’t know what format it needs to be.

Again all help is GREATLY appreciaited

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2008 @ 04:24 PM
Octaveman
Total Posts:  311
Joined  12-17-2005

Hi JAMNAX

Are you working with another sequencer (also called, DAW) on your computer like Cubase, Pro Tools, Sonar, Digital Performer etc ?
If you are, you have two choices in which to save your performance (data).

1) As MIDI (as Bad_Mister suggested)

or…

2) Or as “Audio”.

You can record the performance (complete, or in sections) that you have recorded on your MO (either in “Song” mode or Pattern” mode) directly to your DAW on your computer by recording each individual “Track” of the MO to each track of your DAW (of course you can record the whole performance to just one track of your DAW if you want).

Since you’ve mentioned burnining a CD, I would assume you want to record the “audio” data.

Whatever DAW you’re using will have instructions on how to do this.

I would highly suggest that you take the time however to read up on the “MO” manual. It has all the information in it that you need for either of these processes. It takes a little time and patience to get through it, but if you follow the tutorials you will be up and running in a much shorter amount of time than if you didn’t read through it at all.

Tell me if your using a DAW, and I can probably walk you through the process of recording to it.

Octaveman

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ usb songs
Next Topic:

MO and Motif ES compatibility ››