mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Blending two voices"

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 02:29 PM
garp2100
Total Posts:  2
Joined  12-03-2008

Hello everyone, I just got a motif 6 and I’m wondering if you could mix two sounds from the pre sections. I want to mix a piano and an analog pad and my ultimate goal is to use the fader or the knobs to fade the piano sound away leaving the analog pad by itself on certain parts of what I’m playing.

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 06:46 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Blending two voices

Welcome to the forums.

“Blending two Voices” is what PERFORMANCE mode is for… in fact, it lets you blend up to four Voices.

In the Owner’s Manual on page 89 there is a step-by-step on how Voices are placed in a PERFORMANCE.

Any Voice can be combined in a PERFORMANCE. Then you can edit how each responds to controllers. For example, Once you have selected the sounds you want for your Performance you can press [EDIT]
Then Press the Track buttons [1]-[4] to view PART parameters 1 through 4, respectively.
Press [F5] RCV SW (Receive Switch) This controls whether are PART will respond to a controller or not. Clear the box for the Controller you don’t want to respond… so if you do not want one of the PARTS to respond to volume commands, clear the box for “EXP” (Expression)… this PART will ignore the Expression pedal.

Let us know if you need more help.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2008 @ 12:23 AM
Wellie
Total Posts:  6215
Joined  05-09-2003

Re: Blending two voices

Though if you scroll through the piano voices on PRE1 you’ll find a single voice called something like PIANOBAK which has a piano with a pad behind it and where the 4 elements of the voice are controllable from the faders. You might be able to edit this single voice to suit.

All that said, a performance as Bad Mr pointed out, will give you richer tones.

Cheers

[ Ignore ]