mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bounce midi tracks to audio tracks w/ S90ES & mLAN"

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 05:09 AM
ebrown88
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-17-2008

Hello all,

My setup is Sonar with S90ES with mLAN16e. I’m able to bounce one midi track at a time to create an audio track, but would like to bounce several midi tracks at once to individual audio tracks (i.e. one audio track per midi track). I simply want to save time by not having to repeat the entire song playback for each midi track.

To bounce one midi track to an audio track, I do this:

Set the midi track output to 1-mLAN MIDI Out. Set the audio track input to Stereo ASIO mLAN 15. Then, with the midi track Solo’ed and the Audio track set to record, I record the track. This works fine, and I understand that mLAN 15 is the “L & R Main System” channel.

When I try changing the audio track input to Stereo ASIO mLAN 01, I get nothing. I have also set the S90ES OutPutSel for mLAN1 to as1&2, which according to Phil Clendeninn’s “mLAN16e & Motif ES Getting Started Power User Guide”, should correlate to the Stereo ASIO mLAN 01 input on the audio track. But, nothing happens. There’s no audio getting to the audio track.

Am I doing something wrong, and/or am I completely misunderstanding how audio routing works through the mLAN card?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 08:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: Bounce midi tracks to audio tracks w/ S90ES & mLAN

When I try changing the audio track input to Stereo ASIO mLAN 01, I get nothing. I have also set the S90ES OutPutSel for mLAN1 to as1&2, which according to Phil Clendeninn’s “mLAN16e & Motif ES Getting Started Power User Guide”, should correlate to the Stereo ASIO mLAN 01 input on the audio track. But, nothing happens. There’s no audio getting to the audio track.

That’s correct but you say you “set the S90ES OutPutSel for mLAN1 to as1&2” but you don’t say how.

We assume you mean you go to the MULTI and Edit the individual PART’s OUTPUT SELECT parameter
Press MULTI
Press [EDIT]
Press Track Select [1]-[16] to select the PART in question
Press [F2] OUTPUT
PRess [SF3] SELECT
Here if you set the OUTPUT SELECT to as1&2 - this corresponds to mLAN 01 and mLAN 02

Next, following the signal flow you will want to ensure that your S90 ES’s mLAN16E is connected to your computer to support “as1&2” going out…

You give no information as to if you are using the Graphic Patchbay or not, then we we assume you know how to check the connections… Make sure you have all 16 mLAN OUTPUTS from the mLAN16E connected to the Computer node in the Graphic Patchbay.

If you have your 16 outputs going from the S90 ES to the computer, then and only then can you route signal on those buses, successfully.

At the computer side you want to make sure that the ASIO mLAN inputs are active… Not sure about what version of Sonar you are using but check to make sure in OPTIONS for AUDIO that you have the input buses activated (highlighted)…

Finally the track… must be set to receive the mLAN bus or buses you are using.

S90 ES > PART Output selection (as1-as14) > Graphic Patchbay > Computer > Sonar ASIO AUDIO Input > Track Input.

That is your signal flow… From your post you have not verified that the Patch between the mLAN16E and the Computer exists for the individual mLAN 1-14 buses (as1 - as14)

Finally, when using the assignable mLAN Outputs you will want to make sure you are set to monitor the mLAN bus…
UTILITY > [F2] I/O > [SF2] OUTPUT > set mLAN Monitor Switch = ON

Hope that helps. Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2008 @ 06:22 PM
ebrown88
Total Posts:  6
Joined  03-17-2008

Re: Bounce midi tracks to audio tracks w/ S90ES & mLAN

Phil,

When I said OutPutSel for mLAN1 = as1&2, I was talking about Common mode, not Part mode (I was in Multi mode though).

Going into Part Edit was what I was missing. I overlooked that completely, and I also didn’t realize that the Midi Channels selected for the tracks in Sonar correlate to the Parts as configured on the S90ES. Sonar Midi track Channels = S90ES Parts, right?

I think I have it now. It seems to be working perfectly, meaning I can record multiple Midi tracks to multiple Audio tracks, all in one pass. That will save me a lot of time.

Thanks!

Dennis

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ How to avoid invalid wave adressing
Next Topic:

Short tutorial on GM files ››