mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Yamaha Motif ES or S90ES"

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 09:33 AM
williambanks87
Total Posts:  0
Joined  09-15-2008

I am studio musician that currently owns the Motif ES 88 Key.  I compose a lot of new age music and piano music.  The Motif ES 8 I thought was a perfect fit for me.  I am always looking for a better piano sound.  I purchased the PLG150PF hoping to find the piano sound I was looking for, but the piano sounds on this card is very disappointing.  I was going to purchase the PLG150AP plug to give this one a try until I read about the S90ES keyboard.  I love my Motif ES, but I am looking for a even better piano sample.  The reviews rave about the S90ES Keyboard and their are concerns still about the PLG150AP expansion card which lead be to this board.  I want to sell my Motif ES 88 key and purchase the S90ES.  I do not need the sequencer because I have a MPC for that.  Is that a bad choice and will I be giving up any quality of other sounds or voices?  I was told the S90ES have all of the Motif ES sounds.  The piano I was told on the S90ES is the best.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2008 @ 10:41 AM
BradWeber
Total Posts:  14986
Joined  07-26-2002

Re: Yamaha Motif ES or S90ES

In addition to giving up the full-featured sequencing capabilities when moving from a Motif ES to a S90ES (the S90ES does have a playback sequencer - which allows you to playback and play-along with pre-recorded MIDI songs) you would also be giving up the Motif ES’s sampling capabilities. Even if you don’t plan on doing any sampling of your own, having built-in sampling allows you to load additional samples (and voices based on those samples) into your Motif ES.

The S90ES is a fine instrument and includes all of the samples that the Motif ES does and so it can create any of the voices that the Motif ES - so long as these voices are based on the internal samples. In addition, it includes additional samples that are unique to it for the generation of its acoustic piano voices. (I believe the samples for the S90ES may be available for the Motif ES, but the Motif ES does not include the “half-pedaling” capability the that the S90ES does.)

In the end, the call will be yours… which of these capabilities is most important.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Brad Weber

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 06:58 AM
kaanengin
Total Posts:  0
Joined  05-16-2007

William,
Before burning your cash, did you try the S700 piano samples?
I really love those samples, especially for solo piano work

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 08:25 AM
PeterG
Total Posts:  2052
Joined  01-30-2004

Have you thought about using piano samples such as the k sounds?  Take a listen to the demos in Motifmart.

Peter

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 02:58 PM
PeterS
Total Posts:  1291
Joined  09-12-2002

Also “POWER BANK” has some very good sounding and very touch sensitive pianos using the internal waveforms & one user waveform. I am working to get it on Motifmart within the next week. You can hear demos in this forum under “New Voice Bank Available” maybe 25 posts previous to this one.

PeterS

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2008 @ 08:15 PM
raykeyz
Total Posts:  32
Joined  11-06-2008

consider if you need the “Natural S” more than sampling and sequencing capabilities.... also dont forget that there are nice voice libraries available… if i only have the ES Board i would have bought those libraries unfortunately i own a Rack ES… anyway check out the links below for the details about these libraries

Click here for the 4 Layer S6 Grand Piano
Click here for the Studio 88 Piano
Click here for the DCP Bolder Pianos

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ volume control in performance mode
Next Topic:

Jackson 5 Bass Line Voice? ››