mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "OK the thing comes with 1787 Arps, How many Users?"

Posted on: July 03, 2003 @ 09:13 PM
Jimstang
Total Posts:  2431
Joined  07-25-2002

I wanted to know how many user arp spots there are in the ES.  I think that 1787 is a lot but I have 560 Drum patterns I would love to turn into Arps.

BTW it’s a nightmare even for this Guru to turn my pattern phrases into Arps.  If I could just do Job convert for each I would do it in a heart beat, But I can’t!  First I have to turn the Phrase into a song, Then use job to create and Arp, it’s taking quite a while for each, and I have 555 to go..................

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 06:51 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: OK the thing comes with 1787 Arps, How many Users?

Jim

Exweeez me, (ha I like that...) why do you want to turn them (all 560) into Arpeggios???? at one time....You can access them as PATTERN Phrases (256 Pattern Phrases per Pattern Style). And if you have never worked with the “Real Time Loop Remix” function, you might want to leave some of the drum patterns as patterns because this function is very compelling for drum grooves. (You’ll see… Trust me.

Anyway, there are 256 User Arpeggios.

BTW In the ES you can go directly from Pattern Track to ARP.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:47 AM
Yamaha_US
Total Posts:  2540
Joined  07-19-2002

Put Pattern To Arp

Yes, that’s right, you can now go directly from Pattern to Arp. 
Also you will want to try the new Original Notes mode with bass lines, rhythm parts and solos. use this and you when you play one note on the keyboard you get exactly what you put into the arp , but it will be transposed chromatically.  Play different chords in root position and you can modify the thirds , fifths and sevenths in your arp to match your chord.

It dead easy to put together tracks quickly using this musical “Motifs”.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 05:32 PM
Jimstang
Joined  07-25-2002

Re: Put Pattern To Arp

Well going straight from pattern mode to Arp is really good.
Arps are good in song mode.  I thought of offering the patterns are both arp and Patterns, but it’s just too much to convert them all on the motif.

256 user arps ia a good thing too. 

I think the new arps and chord recognition is the one thing that is making me consider the $1000 (my best guess) upgrade for my MO 8. Also the new Filters, and the new effects. The other features I can get using my puter anyways. the 128 Polyphony and the insert effects are a non issue.  I use voice mode and record one track at a time to audio, saving the midi data to change later.  It’s only time I’m missing with this mode.  Orchestral voices and non issue cause I use puter sampler for those.  Piano is a non issue cause I use puter sampler for them too.  The 512 meg sampler a non issue because I’m already using bigger than that on the puter.  For a gigging guy, that is a different story.

Anyways, I’ll keep my eyes, and ears open.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 07:33 PM
Clif
Total Posts:  0
Joined  07-05-2003

So what happens if you play chords that are not in root position?  It would be a shame if we could not use inversions in chord progressions.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 08:19 PM
Jimstang
Joined  07-25-2002

You are using chords in root postion to tell your arps what key to play in!!!  If you make your arp using a different inversion, I still think it would play as you recorded it, but just in the key you are playing in root position.  That’s my assumption anyways.

Jim

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 04, 2003 @ 11:27 PM
roland
Joined  11-17-2004

“Pattern Track to ARP” can be used in Motif 6/7/8 as well, if Yamaha can be kind enough and update OS 1.7 to 1.8;

Thanks.

There might be at list one kind men that will be able to make the simplest change in code to have “Pattern Track to ARP” in pattern mode on Motif 6/7/8.

You are mot going to do this any way… So why am I wasting my time…?  Maybe I am still wrong…

Yamaha, why are you quiet all the time?  Yes, try to generate new customers. It works that way for you…

No, no please do not make new OS updates. Do not waste your time. Your time is precious, not our money.

Simply, we all need to have “Pattern Track to ARP” in Pattern Mode. Yes, this is fair enough to ask.

Thanks anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 05, 2003 @ 05:38 AM
Clif
Joined  07-05-2003

Thanks, Jim, I expect you are right.  I can record arps in any inversion I want.  And use buttons to switch from one inversion to another. 

But some other keyboards sporting chord recognition can play both inverted and uninverted forms of an arp depending on whether an inverted or uninverted chord is fingered.  So inversion can be controlled with just fingering and it is not necessary to switch arps to switch inversions. 

For example, you should be able to play
c-e-g (uninverted C major chord) followed by
b-d-g (first inversion for G major)

and get
an arp with a c bass and in C major scale
and then
an arp with a b bass and in a G major scale.

Musically, you do not in general want a progression of arps chromatically transposed because the parallel fifths can be tiresome.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Quality of MP3 demos
Next Topic:

anybody know if ES-8 is lighter than old MO-8 ? ››