mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How difficult is it to use the sequencer?"

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 06:18 PM
JZ06
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-09-2008

I’ve had my Motif-8 for about a year now and like it very much. I’ve been using a guitar amp(Roland JC-77) for the entire time I’ve owned it. That’s going to change soon as a set of monitor speakers and a small alesis amp will be here soon.

The sequencer seems difficult to use. I thought it’d be hit REC and it’s off. Apparently that’s not the case. I downloaded a manual as I can’t find mine that came with the board.

It’s frustrating because I’ve made a few songs that I’d like to store and can’t seem to do so.

Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 06:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Re: How difficult is it to use the sequencer?

In order to store you sequence data you will need to get a hold of SmartMedia Cards.

Sequencing is actually quite easy. You can just push the button and record… but you probably will want to select some instrument sounds first.

In order to use the sequencer you must be in one of the two SEQUENCER modes: SONG or PATTERN.
You select instruments sounds by pressing the MIXING button.

SONG mode is linear record
PATTERN mode is recording into looping Sections, which can later be chained together.

You can download an Owner’s Manual from the Yamaha Manual Library

The fundamentals of recording to the sequencer are covered in detail in the manual - simply search for “Motif 8” and download the PDF

If you get stuck, post back here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 07:48 PM
JZ06
Total Posts:  0
Joined  11-09-2008

thanks, i’ll pick up a card sometime soon. appreciate the reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2008 @ 10:53 PM
sciuriware
Total Posts:  9999
Joined  08-18-2003

Although SMC cards are not bigger than 128Mb, for this purpose 16 Mb would be quite enough.

;JOOP!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Motif Will not stay in Sync
Next Topic:

Brad’s List: TOP MOTIF/MOTIF ES FORUM QUESTIONS ››